As a highly respected world-leading airline, it goes without saying that we need to keep our fleet of aircraft in perfect working order. And it’s down to our high-skilled engineering teams to do just that – from general maintenance to complete engine changes.
Foundation qualification Level 2 Diploma in Aerospace and Aviation Engineering, City and Guilds 4605-2
Year 2 & 3
Completion of your Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3) as Aircraft Maintenance Fitter/Technician (Fixed and Rotary Wing); equivalent to 2 A level passes.
About the programme
On this 3-year Apprenticeship programme, you’ll be working alongside and learning from some of the best in the business. Every day, you’ll develop your engineering skills on real aircraft, in a real job. Over a series of rotations, you’ll work on all our aircraft fleets and learn the engineering skills that will help you keep them in perfect working order. You’re going to be busy - alongside comprehensive on-the-job training; you’ll be studying towards the qualifications you need to become one of our future Aircraft Engineers.
You’ll have the confidence to communicate with people at all levels and the common sense to act on your own initiative. It can be high-pressure work in a ever changing business, so you’ll also need the flexibility to adapt to different demands, while always putting safety first. You’ll also bring us plenty of fresh ideas - you’ll be an essential part of the team, so we’ll expect your input on everything from process to practice.
- Work with our engineering teams and develop your skills helping with the maintenance of our full fleet of aircraft
- Be involved in routine aircraft servicing and help with any minor repairs or modifications
- Learn about the importance of health, safety and security in everything our engineering teams do
- Develop your engineering skills and knowledge through a combination of on - the - job learning and coursework
- Gain a formal qualification that will set you up for a successful career as an aircraft mechanic or engineer
What we look for
- 5 GCSEs A*-C or equivalent, including English and Maths and a minimum B in Maths
- Genuine interest in, and passion for engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Awareness of safety issues
- Self-motivation to learn and develop
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Adaptability to change