A place to show your best
We are a 24-hour business, operating 365 days of the year, all around the world. It’s a dynamic, fast-paced environment that will bring out the best in you – if you’re ready to embrace responsibility and step up to any challenge. Whatever your role, your warmth, positivity, commitment and adaptability can truly come to the fore, making you a trusted ambassador of the British Airways brand.
Write the next chapter…
2019 is our centenary, a landmark in British Airways’ history that we’re delighted to celebrate as a team. The anniversary is an opportunity to reflect on how far we’ve travelled over the last 100 years, from pioneers of air travel to a global icon of British quality, service and style.
Our lovely, talented people have steered a course through a turbulent century, keeping BA in the hearts of customers around the world. Now we’re investing in our fleet and customer experience. We’ve added new routes to connect more destinations within our global network. By 2020 we will have introduced 100 new aircraft in under a decade. Customers will benefit from smarter technology, enhanced catering and refurbished lounges, plus ideas big and small that will make their journeys smoother and more memorable.
Now, our people are stepping up together to make the most of this investment – and make us the airline of choice. Can you imagine writing the next chapter in the British Airways story?
Rewards and Benefits
Our people are proud to work for British Airways and give their all for our customers and each other. We want them to feel rewarded and valued for it. Our rewards go beyond a competitive salary, through a Total Reward Package featuring benefits including employee travel, an attractive pension and discounted shopping.
See how you could Earn, Live and Save…
- Pay. You’ll receive a market-competitive salary that reflects the role that you do.
- Bonus. Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- Flexible Benefits Scheme. Our new flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and will offer a range of benefits to choose from including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension, helping you save for the future. The scheme gives colleagues choice and more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions that you will receive from British Airways. The range of benefits to choose from include - critical illness cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Fly the World (Staff Travel). From day one, you can purchase discounted commercial tickets, known as ‘Hotline’ tickets, for your own use or for friends and family. After a qualifying period, you’ll be eligible for unlimited standby and premium standby fares, for you and your nominees, on the full British Airways network and other partner airlines. After five years, you’ll be eligible to one concession per year for you and your nominees to use on any eligible route on our network. Taxes and charges apply.
- Cargo Concession. After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network – you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
- Well-Being. Wellbeing sponsors and advisers across British Airways promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives. We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional, and stay healthy and productive.
- Flexible Working. Line managers consider all submitted requests for part-time working, job sharing or working from home in line with business and operational requirements.
- Discounts. You can enjoy special discounts and savings on a range of products such as hotels and phones to tie in with your staff travel trip.
- Season Ticket Loans. Public transport season tickets offer considerable cost savings and convenience, although a substantial initial outlay is required. We offer interest-free loans to purchase season tickets.
- Heathrow Express. Whether you are commuting to Heathrow, or heading off on holiday you’ll be entitled to buy Express Saver Tickets with a 75% discount.
- Car Parking. At our Westbase site near Heathrow, you can park for free for up to two weeks when you go on holiday – a big saving! Also, most of our work locations around the UK offer free parking (subject to space) for colleagues while at work.
- BA Clubs. Provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
- Restaurants. Many of our offices have subsidised restaurant facilities. Waterside Head Office has a wide range of cafes and restaurants on the “indoor” street.
Learning and Development
Every role at British Airways comes with the scope to learn and grow. Of course, your specific training and development opportunities will depend very much on your role (we don’t teach everyone how to fly an aircraft just yet, sadly). We can guarantee you a personal development programme that offers every opportunity to gain experience and learn new skills.
The learning here is constant, because our business and industry change so fast. We’re continually innovating and evolving our training. It’s important for everyone to get ahead of the curve, in terms of knowledge, skills and expertise.
In many teams, there is a structured career path to follow if you demonstrate the ability and ambition. In others, there is flexibility in the way your career could progress. Depending on your skills and goals, there’s potential for lateral moves too. If you have your eye on leadership, our high-performance culture will help you unleash your full potential.
Doing the right thing
We want our people to feel and perform at their best, even on a rainy night in February. So, we have a dedicated wellbeing team. They champion awareness of mental and physical health issues, provide preventative advice and tools, and offer access to wide-ranging support services when people need help. And we all need help sometimes.
Giving back at home and abroad
As a British business with a global presence, we understand our responsibility to others at home and abroad. We want to set the standard for responsible flying while delivering our commitment to improve lives and livelihoods in the communities we serve and impact on.
Flying Start is our main charity partnership with Comic Relief, which has already raised more than £20 million (read more here). Through our support for the Disasters & Emergency Committee, we also provide flights, excess baggage and cargo space to support relief efforts in overseas crises.
There’s always lots going on across our teams. How can you get involved? Maybe as a Flying Start fundraiser. Perhaps by sharing your experience with local students on our Inspire employability programme. Or by donating to a charity of your choice through tax-efficient payroll giving.