A journey with no boundaries
It’s a promise that is delivered by a wide and diverse group of people in different roles from all over the world – from Cabin Crew and Pilots to Ground Operations, Airport Customer Services and in our Head Office roles. Opportunities at British Airways are diverse; if you demonstrate a natural flair and aptitude, as well as hard work, grit and determination, we’re ready to invest in your talents!
Learn more about our history.
Celebrating our heritage. In pursuit of a dynamic future.
British Airways matters. To the 40 million people who fly with us every year. To our brilliant people who are the heartbeat of our airline. And to Britain, as our national flag carrier.
We can trace our origins back to the birth of civil aviation, and we’re proud of our history. Air travel has changed beyond all recognition, and we’ve been the industry pioneers, driving much of the innovation that has been adopted the world over by the aviation sector, but it doesn’t stop here.
It’s the future that counts, and we want you to be one of the new generation of visionary pioneers that will help us continue to innovate and define our future success. Consistently offering the service British Airways customers expect. However, they choose to fly, wherever they fly to.
And embracing our timeless values – our Britishness, innovation, expertise and personalised service, and armed with our famous British wit and good humour.
Rewards and Benefits
Our people are proud to work for British Airways and we want them to feel rewarded and valued. Working for us is not just about pay, but also about development opportunities and benefits such as competitive pensions, discounted shopping and staff travel as part of a Total Reward package.
See how you could Earn, Live and Save…
- Pay. You’ll receive a market-competitive salary that reflects the role that you do.
- Bonus. Share in our success. Individual bonuses are given in line with our financial, operational, customer and personal performance.
- Flexible Benefits Scheme. Our new flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and will offer a range of benefits to choose from including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension, helping you save for the future. The scheme gives colleagues choice and more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions that you will receive from British Airways. The range of benefits to choose from include - critical illness cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Fly the World (Staff Travel). From day one, you can purchase discounted commercial tickets, known as ‘Hotline’ tickets, for your own use or for friends and family. After a qualifying period, you’ll be eligible for unlimited standby and premium standby fares, for you and your nominees, on the full British Airways network and other partner airlines. After five years, you’ll be eligible to one concession per year for you and your nominees to use on any eligible route on our network. Taxes and charges apply.
- Cargo Concession. After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network – you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
- Well-Being. Wellbeing sponsors and advisers across British Airways promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives. We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional, and stay healthy and productive.
- Flexible Working. Line managers consider all submitted requests for part-time working, job sharing or working from home in line with business and operational requirements.
- Discounts. You can enjoy special discounts and savings on a range of products such as hotels and phones to tie in with your staff travel trip.
- Season Ticket Loans. Public transport season tickets offer considerable cost savings and convenience, although a substantial initial outlay is required. We offer interest-free loans to purchase season tickets.
- Heathrow Express. Whether you are commuting to Heathrow, or heading off on holiday you’ll be entitled to buy Express Saver Tickets with a 75% discount.
- Car Parking. At our Westbase site near Heathrow, you can park for free for up to two weeks when you go on holiday – a big saving! Also, most of our work locations around the UK offer free parking (subject to space) for colleagues while at work.
- BA Clubs. Provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
- Restaurants. Many of our offices have subsidised restaurant facilities. Waterside Head Office has a wide range of cafes and restaurants on the “indoor” street.
Learning and Development
From the very best Apprentices and top Graduates to outstanding talent around the world, people are the heartbeat of our airline. So attracting and retaining exceptional talent is essential to our future success and is top of our agenda.
Our personal development programmes offer every opportunity to develop and learn new skills and progress your career.
While remaining effective, safe and compliant, we’re continually innovating and evolving the way we train our people. Learning is constant, because it’s crucial that people continue to develop their skills so they can contribute to our continued success.
We foster a high-performance leadership culture that will help you unleash your true potential. We will harness your skills to empower you to share ideas, knowing that they will be heard and responded to.
As a premier international airline and a global employer, we are dedicated to enriching livelihoods and communities. Our community investment strategy focuses on four specific areas, enabling us to set the standard for responsible aviation and deliver our commitment to the communities we serve.
Flying Start is our main charity partnership with Comic Relief, and has seen us raise in excess of £20 million since our partnership began in 2010. Read more about Flying Start here. We also work closely with the Disasters & Emergency Committee (DEC) who bring together 14 leading UK aid charities in times of crisis, to provide flights, excess baggage and where possible cargo space to provide necessary aid.
We have a careers education programme called Inspire, which see’s employability activity take place in local schools, as well as our Gold Accredited work experience programme.
There are a number of opportunities for colleagues to get involved with, such as becoming a Flying Start champion and taking on fundraising challenges; supporting local students through sharing experiences of work and mock interviews; or donating to a charity of their choice through our tax-efficient payroll giving scheme.