Sheung Wan, Central and Western District
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
The role of the Area Customer Service Manager is to lead the delivery of cargo operations and customer service for all IAG group airlines – British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Vueling, and Level – across China, Hong Kong, Philippines and Taiwan.
- To own the delivery of operational excellence, CargoIQ performance targets, and premium levels of customer service at all IAG Cargo stations across the area, through the effective management and leadership of our ground handling suppliers and partners.
- To drive maximum value for IAG Cargo through managing and overseeing the procurement and ongoing supplier management of our third-party cargo handling partners in line with IAG Cargo’s central procurement strategy, delivering a cost budget of circa EUR 8 million per annum.
- To develop strong and strategic relationships with our customers to understand their business needs, and collaborate with our Commercial team, Hub operations teams, and wider network to develop effective customer focused solutions, continuously adapting our handling proposition to suit market requirements.
- To drive change where needed and act as a key internal advocate for our customers in your area, through leading and contributing toward projects that will help enhance our commercial proposition.
- To ensure the delivery of a rigorous and disciplined health, safety and security environment for our people and customers whilst driving constant interaction between all online and offline stations in the area.
- To design, develop, and manage the implementation of clear and documented operational processes, balancing National and Local regulatory requirements with those of the EU/UK regulatory bodies, whilst coordinating adherence to all prescribed operational, safety and security standard operating procedures.
- Lead, coach, and motivate the IAG Cargo and third-party ground handling teams to ensure a fully coordinated approach exists across all stations in the area, and that all performance criteria are met.
- Apply commercial acumen through identifying opportunities to enhance customer experience and introduce customer service plans that support the development of commercial business opportunities.
- Visit and interact with key customers regularly to strengthen relationships throughout the freight journey, working closely with London operations colleagues to identify methods of optimising customer experience.
- Identify and implement action plans to ensure conformance with health, safety and security requirements on a timely basis and in conjunction with the internal Asset Protection, NSC and Aviation Security teams.
- Professionally and confidently manage ‘station start-ups’ for any IAG carriers flying into new stations and deliver operational conformance targets with a zero-tolerance policy against safety and security issues.
- Support the implementation of any industry initiatives such as Customs/e-AWB/e-freight/CiQ and monitor operational performance against prescribed indicators, addressing any performance gaps.
- Manage matters such as ULD stock control, cargo handling SLAs, liaison between engineering and cargo teams when aircraft are delayed/technical, loading quality spot checks, and flight reporting.
- Work with the Regional Manager and Procurement to drive maximum value from supplier contracts and deliver the area’s cost budget through managing external spend, tracking invoices, and regular reporting.
- Deputise for the IAG Cargo Regional Customer Service Manager Asia Pacific, where required.
Key Stakeholders / Interfaces:
- Area Commercial Manager, Hub Operations Teams, Regional Compliance Manager, Global Security Manager, ULD Control Team, other Customer Service Teams across the IAG Cargo network.
- IAG Global Business Services, British Airways Airport Operational Teams, Iberia Regional Operations Team, Aer Lingus Operations Team, other airlines including interline partners.
- Freight forwarding agents, third-party ground handling suppliers, shippers and consignees.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operational role at HKIA and/or 5 years’ experience covering multiple stations within an airline or air cargo business, at an area or regional management level.
- Broad understanding and experience of the air cargo industry in Hong Kong and China and a comprehensive understanding of the market response to COVID-19.
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects spanning multiple locations.
- Proven track record in managing multiple suppliers across multiple locations.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate teams across large areas, both locally and remotely.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, and experience in managing conflicting spheres of responsibility.
- Experience of planning, budget and programme management of initiatives across broad geographical areas.
- Track record of delivering operational performance and customer service in a challenging environment.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Process oriented, with strong technical knowledge of air cargo operations.
- Innovative, resourceful, and resilient character capable of managing rapidly changing environments.
- Confident, professional, and persuasive communicator able to influence others including suppliers, customers and regulatory authorities to drive IAG Cargo strategic deliverables.
- Engaging personality with an aptitude for developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Customer focused and an excellent listener, able to qualify and understand customer requirements.
- Displays a ‘’can-do-attitude’’ at all times and remains focused on finding and offering solutions.
- Strong team player, always open and willing to share information with others.
- Honest, transparent, and always acts with the utmost integrity.
- Self-motivated to reflect and challenge own performance and seek self-improvement.
- Fluent English, Mandarin & Cantonese - spoken & written.
- This is a British Airways contracted role based in Hong Kong.
- You will need to have the right to live and work in Hong Kong.
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working and be willing to travel.
To apply for the position of Area Customer Service Manager, please use the ‘apply now’ function.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Working in Sheung Wan
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.