Sheung Wan, Central and Western District
Principal skills and Behaviours
·Good technical knowledge of IAG Cargo systems and processes.
·Ability to specifically coordinate a team to deliver across regional departments and functions daily.
·Advanced knowledge of the air cargo industry with the relevant commercial acumen & understanding of the IAGC cargo business model and strategy.
·Work at a leadership level with the ability to handle multiple tasks and remain passionate and calm during difficult times.
·Innovative and resourceful in response to rapidly changing regulatory environment.
·Proven leadership and motivational skills across large areas.
·Excellent communication skills that encourage team work and coordination.
·Ability to influence all customers, suppliers and regulatory authorities to drive IAG Cargo deliverables.
·Track record of negotiation skills.
·Ability to develop and drive strategy for the region.
·Culturally sensitive to the region and able to demonstrate understanding whilst being able to influence accordingly.
·Proven track record of delivery – especially in more complicated projects that span multiple regions
·Flexibility to take on projects in other regions at short notice.
· Preferably a minimum of 5 years experience in an operational role at the airport and / or 5 years regional customer service role across multiple stations.
· Experience within the Hong Kong air freight industry and a full working knowledge of the forthcoming RAR changes within HKSAR.
· Understanding of the freight industry in China, specifically security and customs requirements in Beijing and Shanghai.
· Proven track record in managing multiple suppliers across the area.
· Proven track record in project management/airline station start ups.
· Proven people management experience with teams at local levels and being able to remote manage.
· Good commercial and financial acumen and experience in influencing across conflicting spheres of responsibility.
· Knowledge of the British Airways Aviation Security programme, SOPS and requirement of local regulatory bodies specific to the region.
· Experience of planning, budget and programme management of key initiatives across a broad geographical area.
· Track record of delivering operational performance in a challenging environment.
· Awareness of working with trade unions, staff associations or similar.
· Knowledge of airline operational processes
· Understanding of operational principles and practice
· Understanding of BAWC policies and their application
· Understanding of corporate security compliance and audit practices
· Operational and/or customer service excellence
· Knowledge of airport operational environment overseas
· Project Management
MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN HONG KONG
Purpose of the Role
· Through the adherence to process and procedure be accountable, jointly with our commercial colleagues, for the entire freight journey from the point a customer makes reservations to the delivery of the freight at final destination.
· Be able to manage and influence across a regional level whilst coordinating a team of GHA staff to efficiently manage the cargo business in each station.
· Ensure delivery of a rigorous and disciplined health, safety and security environment for our people and our customers whilst driving constant interaction between all online stations, plus the smaller offline points in the region.
· To deliver premium levels of customer service at all IAG Cargo stations across the region through the effective management and leadership of our many diverse ground handling supplier relationships.
· Balance the requirements of National and Local regulatory requirements with those of the EU/UK regulatory bodies whilst coordinating adherence to all internal prescribed operational, safety and security standard operating procedures.
· Drive change where needed and lead projects that will help enhance our customer proposition and commercial revenue targets through the pro-active delivery of operational excellence whilst consistently being a step ahead of the competition.
· Provide coaching, assistance and support to the GHA teams and ensure a fully coordinated approach exists across all stations in the region.
· Introduce customer service plans, in conjunction with the Commercial Teams, for the development of key business opportunities.
· Be willing to support various business initiatives and projects and champion their implementation across the region.
· Identify and implement ‘quick fix’ solutions and have a thorough understanding of local processes and procedures, especially concerning safety & security requirements and governing bodies across all of the area.
· Commercial acumen – identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience and seek ways to gain incremental revenue where possible. Visit and interact with key customers on a regular basis to manage and improve relationships across the freight journey.
· Lead, manage and motivate the IAG and GHA CS teams to ensure performance criteria are met.
· Work with the Regional Manager and Procurement to drive extra value from supplier contracts.
· Monitor and compare operational performance against the prescribed CS indicators (Cargo iQ, DAP, RAP). Identify gaps in performance and implement solutions to maintain and deliver full conformance and premium levels of customer service along the entire freight journey.
· Deliver and improve against non-conformance targets and implement a zero-tolerance policy against safety and security issues.
· Manage matters such as ULD management, on-time departures and dispatch of aircraft, liaison with Engineering and cargo operations where aircraft is technical, spot check on loading quality / details and Flight Reporting.
· Identify and implement action plans to ensure conformance with health, safety or security requirements, on a timely basis and in conjunction with the internal Asset Protection, NSC and Aviation Security teams.
· Professionally manage any ‘new station start up plans’ if required & possibly supporting initiatives and/or projects in other regions within the regional manager’s area of responsibility.
· Ensure that the customer service cost budget for the area is consistently delivered within budget tracking invoices and reporting progress on monthly MBR reports.
· Confidently manage large, multi-faceted project implementations and station start-ups.
· Work closely with our London operations colleagues to identify ways and means of continuously improving service levels to our customers and optimising the freight journey.
· Awareness of and ability to deliver Customs/e-AWB/ e-freight/cargo iQ and other industry initiatives
· Deputise for the RCSM where required.
Working in Sheung Wan
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.