Do you have an analytical mind and want to use it in a fast-paced, global business to help us make the best commercial decisions?
As we emerge from the toughest challenge in our history we’re orienting ourselves as a forward-thinking tech-first organisation, pushing forward with data and analytics at the heart of every decision we make. And we want you to join us.
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining our Commercial team in our Bratislava hub, where you’ll combine our data with your analytical skills to deliver industry-leading analysis and insights. You’ll become a subject matter expert in either Distribution (enabling the sale of our products through travel agents, including through our industry-leading API) or Payments (enabling customers to pay for tickets), you'll own a strong portfolio of analysis, and you’ll share what you learn with stakeholders across the business.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Building reports and dashboards so we know what’s going on
- Designing new metrics to help our teams understand business performance
- Finding insights and using them to influence change around the business
- Understanding everything we need to know about our cost of sale, identifying opportunities to reduce it while optimising revenue
- Building new datasets, where we don’t already have what you need
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for ambitious, dynamic and flexible self-starters with a keen analytical mind and a willingness to get their hands dirty.
- Have either a degree in a technical/numeric field or equivalent analytical qualifications (but this isn’t essential if you can show you’re capable)
- Have excellent coding skills (e.g. SQL, Python) – or be willing to get them quickly when you join
- Be comfortable working with data and able to produce killer visualisations to tell a story
- Love working both in a team and independently
- Be able to manage your projects effectively
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Want to keep learning – there’s always something new and exciting to do!
What we’ll give you in return
We’re proud of our people and want you to love working with us. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity to progress to more senior roles, as well as a personal training and development programme to help you achieve your goals as well as ours. You’ll be part of our Analyst Community of 100+ like-minded colleagues with a ready-made network for support and training, and there’ll be opportunities to travel to our London office if you want to.
As well as this, you’ll get:
- TR card, fully paid by BA
- Permanent contract after probation
- Discounts on flights on British Airways and selected partner airlines for you, family and friends
- Discretionary concessionary flights with BA and c.50 leading airlines after 6 months
- Regular team events and team building activities
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements
Wage - From 1850 EUR per month minimum - salary may vary depending on experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status, and welcome applications from Ukrainian citizens. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description us not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Working in Petržalka
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.