Newcastle upon Tyne, England
About us at the Contact Centres
Our Newcastle Contact Centre is one of our network of global contact centres. We have contact centres all around the world, including Manchester, Bremen (Germany), Cape Town and Delhi, looking after our global customers throughout their journey with us.
We know at BA that our customer's experience begins long before they enter the airport and often after they return. At BA we are dedicated to providing customer service beyond the airport or on board, this is why our contact centres are so important in delivering this service.
About the role
It’s a part-time role working 20 hours covering evenings and weekends, your customers will be worldwide and you’ll be the voice of British Airways. Taking inbound calls you will answer queries and change bookings, helping and providing solutions to all kinds of people, to assist them to get to all kinds of places.
To make sure they get the best from us, you’ll recommend additional products and services that suit their needs, taste and budget. Taking care to answer every question first time, you’ll always put customer satisfaction first.
We will give you the freedom to find the best solution for the customer using your knowledge of the vast network BA operates. Every call is different and you will encounter a real variety of customer situations due to the global nature of BA and the vast route network we run. This means that each day brings something new.
About the day to day
• Provide our customers with excellent levels of customer service to maximise customer satisfaction and find solutions at the first contact
• Take incoming calls from customers, providing solutions and advise that best maintain the relationship with the customer and support business needs
• Resolve pre-travel customer issues and assist in service recovery following a major disruption or incident
• Identify potential ways to improve processes, cost savings or other business efficiencies and constantly feed in customer feedback to improve the Contact Centre offering
• Enter data into the British Airways systems accurately to ensure the integrity of future data and bookings
A bit about you
• To join us, you need to be genuinely enthusiastic about helping people and ambitious to succeed at any challenge
• Your ability to build rapport over the phone and match people with products perfectly will be key to your success
• Great problem solving skills and a genuine interest in travel are essential too, as we’ll expect you to acquire knowledge of all sorts of destinations and possibilities
• Feel comfortable and successful at suggesting other product options to the customer to help the Contact Centre hit their sales targets
• Strong empathy skills to ‘read’ a situation and respond appropriately
• Resilient, proactive and self-confident
• Ability to resolve conflict successfully
• Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working
• PC literate and capable of operating new systems with confidence and accuracy
• Knowledge of providing excellent customer service, either face to face or on the phone is advantageous but not essential
• Must hold the right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship from British Airways
· First you will need to register to apply for this vacancy by clicking the apply button on this page.
· You will then be required to complete an online application and answer several application questions.
· Once submitted, your application will then be screened and we will notify you of the outcome.
· If successful after your application has been screened, we will invite you in to an Assessment Centre.
· You will be notified of the outcome of your assessment via your BA account and via email.
• The assessment days will take place in our Newcastle contact centre and we will be hosting Assessment Centres throughout September, October and November 2019.
• If successful we have training courses that will be running from November 2019
What we are offering
As one of our ambassadors we'll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded.
• Reward package £9,313 (rising to £9,762 after 12 months), plus a performance related incentive reward
• Shift payment premiums
• A seven week training programme, where you will be required to work full time hours for the duration of the training period. BA is a vast company so we will make sure you are fully trained to deal with the variety of customer situations
• Being an airline we offer significant flight and holiday discounts
• We do work shifts. The Contact Centre is currently open 365 days a year between 06:00 to 22:00 hours. The part time rosters will cover our evening and weekend operation.
• Great potential to develop your career
• A great culture where we value our staff and have a real friendly and open atmosphere
• We are based at William Armstrong Drive, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YA
Working in Newcastle upon Tyne
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.