Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Global Engagement Centres – Customer Services Advisor
About us at the Global Engagement Centres
We love our customers. Along with our colleagues, they're at the heart of everything we do. Their BA experience begins long before they arrive at the airport, step on board one of our lovely aircraft, or feel the warmth of the sand between their toes. Our brilliant team members at our Global Engagement Centres are a vital part of that experience, delivering our unique BA service.
About the role of Customer Service Advisor
We’re proud of our homes in the North, with our Customer Service Advisors based at either Manchester or Newcastle. Fancy being part of the action? Full and part-time opportunities are available, part-time is a minimum of 22.5 hours.
You'll handle a diverse range of contacts from customers in every corner of the globe, playing a crucial role in helping us to connect Britain with the world, and the world with Britain. From answering queries, and creating and changing bookings, every contact is different. You'll encounter a huge variety of customer situations, with every day bringing something new.
Whether dealing with first-time BA customers, or the much-loved frequent-flying members of our Executive Club, you'll aim to delight each one in a way that feels good to you. We'll empower you with the freedom to find the best solution for the customer using your knowledge of our vast network and world-class products.
To join us, you’ll need to have:
- A genuine passion for helping people
- Ambition to succeed at any challenge
- A desire to go above and beyond for our customers
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer service, preferably through a variety of different platforms
- An ability to build rapport through various mediums and identify products and services that meet and exceed customer expectations
- An ability to professionally handle multi-channel customer contacts, promote the BA brand, products and services, providing a high level of service and achieve first contact resolution
- Strong, clear and effective communication skills so you exceed customer expectations
- A genuine interest in travel and keen to acquire knowledge of our great destinations, our systems and our airline
- The right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship from British Airways
And you need to be:
- A team player who is resilient, proactive and self-confident
- Empathetic and able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working, with a positive can-do attitude
- PC literate and capable of operating new systems with confidence and accuracy
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Articulate with good use of the English language
What we are offering
As one of our BA ambassadors, we'll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded.
- Basic reward salary band is £20,549 to £22,712 following successful completion of probation, plus shift pay and achievable monthly performance related incentive reward
- A comprehensive training programme so that you are able to deal with the variety of customer situations
- 32 holiday days a year, inclusive of bank holidays
- We offer significant flight and holiday discounts
- The Global Engagement Centres operate 365 days a year between 0800 to 2015 hours. Working patterns consist of 7.5 paid hours a day, 7 days a week, Monday-Sunday
- You’ll enjoy flexibility in your lifestyle, with days off through a rolling roster, you’ll have the freedom to plan your life outside of work.
- Potential options for hybrid working once you have completed office based new entrant training and consolidated your classroom learning
- Opportunities to achieve your potential - career development in engagement centres and across the company
- What’s more, you’ll enjoy a great culture where we value our staff and have a real friendly and open atmosphere.
· To apply for this vacancy click the apply button on this page.
· Once submitted, your application will then be screened, you will then be invited to complete an online test and we will notify you of the outcome.
· If successful after your online testing, we will invite you to a virtual Assessment Centre.
· We will be hosting virtual Assessment Centres throughout 2023.
· If successful we have training courses that will be running from January 2023 onwards (please note training is 6 weeks full time)
This role is not eligible for sponsorship, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This role is eligible for the BA Colleague Referral scheme
Working in Newcastle upon Tyne
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.