Newcastle upon Tyne, England
About us at the Contact Centres
Our Newcastle Contact Centre is one of our network of global contact centres. We have contact centres all around the world, including Manchester, Germany, Hong Kong and Cape Town, looking after our global customers throughout their journey with us.
We know at BA that our customer's experience begins long before they enter the airport and often after they return. At BA we are dedicated to providing customer service beyond the airport or on board, this is why our contact centres are so important in delivering this service.
About our Sales team
Our Newcastle Contact Centre is a centre of sales excellence. One of the crucial and exciting departments here in Newcastle is our dedicated Sales Team. We are looking for people to join this team as Sales Agents.
Our Sales team handle a diverse and extensive range of calls from any customer around the world, whether this is a loyalty customer, business traveller, a family booking their yearly holiday or a parent booking an unaccompanied child visiting friends and family – the list is never ending.
Each agent has targets’ to achieve on a monthly basis. With each call being different, one minute you can be booking a £50.00 one way ticket from Newcastle to London, then on your next call a £50K holiday package to Barbados or a loyalty member redeeming 100K Avios points to travel to San Francisco in our Club World cabin.
There is always a buzz around the department and the more you put in the more positive results you will see. Selling is exciting but as with any sales environment you have to take the rough with the smooth, perseverance and resilience are key, as in reality you may not get a sale on every call. But each call is a new opportunity and who knows what the next call may bring.
About the role
It’s a full-time role on a shift basis. Taking inbound calls you will be making product and service recommendations that suit customer’s needs, taste and budget, and using up-sell techniques to achieve and exceed challenging revenue targets in flights, hotels and car hire
Our customers call us for a reason; they want to buy one of BA’s products. It’s down to our sales agents to really dig deep and understand each individual requirement, match this and then close the sale. The agents work as individuals and also as a team – every sale brings them and the business closer to hitting targets.
We will give you the freedom to find the best solution for the customer using your knowledge of the vast network BA operates. You will make empowered decisions which take into consideration the balance between the customer and business needs
Reaching sales targets and being able to work to targets is key
There is a heavy system use with the role and you need to enter data into the British Airways systems accurately to ensure the integrity of future data and bookings.
A bit about you
• To join us, you’ll need proven experience of providing excellent customer service, either face to face or on the phone.
• You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping people and you’re ambitious to succeed at any challenge.
• Feel comfortable and successful at up selling to the customer to help the Contact Centre hit their sales targets.
• Your ability to build rapport over the phone and match people with products perfectly will be key to your success.
• Great problem solving skills and a genuine interest in travel are essential too, as we’ll expect you to acquire knowledge of all sorts of destinations and possibilities.
• Resilient, proactive and self-confident
• Flexible and adaptable, open to change and new ways of working
• PC literate and capable of operating new systems with confidence and accuracy
• The right to live and work in the UK
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
What we are offering
As one of our ambassadors we'll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are rewarded.
• Reward package £16,762 pa basic salary. Rising to £17,600 after 12 months plus performance related incentive reward, Shift premiums and sales based earnings. OTE will be discussed further at the assessment centre.
• A six week training programme. BA is a vast company so we will make sure you are fully trained to deal with the variety of customer situations
• Being an airline we offer significant flight and holiday discounts
• 32 holiday days a year, inclusive of bank holidays
• We do work shifts. The Contact Centre is currently open 365 days a year between 0730-2200hrs. Working pattern will consist of 8.75hrs a day, 5 days a week covering Monday-Sunday.
• Shift premiums and great potential to develop your career.
• What’s more, you’ll enjoy flexibility in your lifestyle. With days off through a rolling roster, you’ll have the freedom to plan your life outside of work.
• A great culture where we value our staff and have a real friendly and open atmosphere.
• We are based at William Armstrong Drive, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YA
Working in Newcastle upon Tyne
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.