New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Airport Customer Services
Manage effectively and efficiently British Airways customer experience & operation at Delhi. Lead British Airways Customer Services team to deliver safe, secure punctual operation to British Airways customer standards with stretched ancillary revenue targets and within agreed budget working closely with Airport Manager.
Support the Airport Manager in the delivery of the British Airways airport operation, ensuring corporate and legislative safety and security standards are adhered to, lead & performance manage British Airways customer services team during flight turnround at Delhi. Monitor local Service Level Agreements (SLA) and performance manage all local suppliers. To provide reporting official coverage in the event of any serious incident/accident involving BA. Develop and own relationships with airport authorities, state authorities, etc. and to support the Airport Manager in representing BA at an AOC level.
- Manage all day to day operational issues, including check-in, operations, safety and security, disruption handling and service recovery in accordance with local & corporate procedures. Identify shortfalls and take immediate actions to ensure a safe, secure, customer focused punctual operation, including ramp, all aspects of the local safety management system.
- Lead and performance manage frontline Customer Services team. Responsible for developing plans to motivate teams for delivery of all performance measures.
- Support British Airways Customer Services team members to reach their true potential and support them to deliver on their performance matrix.
- Deliver BA People policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor & support British Airways & 3rd party customer services team in development of appropriate skills for service delivery & behaviors.
- Ensure delivery of the highest standards of quality in customer services through the development of all British Airways & GHA staff.
- Ensure British Airways & GHA customer service people have the technical support to perform their duties in delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Resource management – Develop & deliver operational shift resource plan & Customer Services Team’s annual leave plan.
- Supervise & manage British Airways & 3rd party customer services team for delivery of Safe, Secure, Customer Centric Operation, Ancillary Revenue.
- Lead, advise and manage British Airways & Ground Handling Agent (GHA) team seeking a high level of inspiration and motivation by creating a climate of excellence within the teams.
- Ensure that all BA staff and Supplier staff are competent to perform the necessary responsible jobs, and initiate training if necessary.
- Ensure all British Airways team members are compliant on mandatory trainings.
- Monitor compliance with Quality Management System and the Local Procedures Manual identifying shortfalls and taking immediate action to rectify if necessary, to ensure safe and secure operation.
- Act as the Senior Reporting Official on shift for routine operations and in-case of any kind of emergency or incident.
- Investigate/report on any incidents/accidents as laid down in the Ground Ops Manual, which encourages all staff to report all ground incidents/accidents immediately and before an aircraft moves off possibly exposing it to further risk, together with a statement of any corrective action to be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Exercise overall accountability for the safety and security of the BA operation during shift. This involves co-ordination with all Suppliers, State Agencies & Authorities, cargo, catering, ramp, engineering etc. Review the overall safety of the operation, including the maneuvering and condition of ramp vehicles around our aircraft. Also ensure that the BA safety communications are passed on to Suppliers, State Agencies & Authorities.
- Support Airport Manager in delivery of corporate self-audits as per schedule, monitor any failure to maintain BA standards until rectified.
- Ensure BA staff and Suppliers, State Agencies & Authorities understand BA safety & security standards and procedures and are notified in writing of their responsibilities and are trained to carry them out.
- Monitor the performance of Third party security staff carrying out security functions, and challenge lapses in effectiveness or failure to maintain BA standards. The Security Audit team will also make visits to audit procedures and make recommendations.
- Maintain up to date corporate and local manuals for reference on station.
- Develop & authorize local procedures for delivery of safe & secure operations.
- Responsible for review & delivery of business continuity plans.
- Ensure that local BA station Emergency Procedures are updated as per corporate requirements and that in-house training exercises are held within the prescribed time periods and include the Suppliers, State Agencies & Authorities staff.
- Work with Suppliers, State Agencies & Authorities and others to ensure safety and security measures at the airport comply with local legislation and local and corporate policy. Any discrepancies should be notified to the Airport Manager and relevant Head Office departments.
- Have effective manual check-in procedures ready for system outages, and to ensure that BCP procedures are up to date and relevant parties are trained in these procedures.
- Report security incidents and crime affecting, but not limited to BA, to CSM, Security Duty Manager, CSO and Ops Control when required.
- Delivery of Ancillary Revenue - AUP program with delivery of shift PSJs/ revenue target. Weekly Excess baggage target.
- Support Airport Manager in identification & implementation of cost reduction measures to improve CPWT
- Ensure all local resources are utilized in such a manner that revenue is maximized and, productivity is achieved within the given framework.
- Deliver to agreed stations business objectives.
- To have a cost-conscious culture by making sure that all spending versus budget is in line with agreed financial plan.
- Authorize additional spend for delivery of safe & secure operation in line with Employee Approval Authority.
- Meet or exceed excess baggage targets.
- Ensure all internal controls are adhered to at all times in line with local and corporate procedures.
- Deliver on station the corporate service standards, monitoring the Supplier’s performance and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure all centralized load control procedures as laid out in the Ground Operations Manual are adhered to, both by BA staff and GHA staff.
- Review & publish SMART station delay procedures, so that all staff/handling agents understand their pre-determined roles.
- Monitor the performance of Suppliers as per Service Level Agreements.
- Establish effective links with regional & local key interface departments and local network for day to day operational issues.
- Own and manage airport authority and supplier relationships on a daily basis and ensure that they deliver the products and services BA requires them to perform effectively.
- Ensure agreed communication procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that all required administrative activities are fulfilled in a set and timely manner. This includes (but is not limited to) LPM, Audits, Station Emergency Procedures, BCPs, local projects and business initiatives.
- May be required to perform relief duties at airports.
- Deputise for the Airport Manager when operationally required.
- Attend the AOC and other meetings, representing BA, as required.
- Ensure BA Hallmarks are projected.
- Deliver voluntary offload system when required, so that any necessary offloads are implemented with minimum disruption.
- Ensure that all BA staff are familiar with Customer surveys which measures Customer satisfaction.
- Ensure British Airways Branding & Brand proposition at all customer interface areas at Delhi airport meets corporate standards.
- Analyse Customer Satisfaction performance & support Airport Manager in development of strategy to meet NPS targets & improve customer proposition.
Dimension: Approximately 14 departures per week at Delhi
Team: Team HeadCount: Approximately 30; Lead Approximately 15 Customer Services Team members as Line Manager.
Measures: Safety Performance, Business Resilience, Security Compliance. Operational Performance, NPS, Financial Performance including but not limited to Ancillary Revenue, Financial Compliance, Internal Controls, delivery of operations to Financial plan, identify & implement cost initiatives. Resource, performance & talent Management. Local employee relations strategy delivery. Delivery of change projects in WWA.
- India CSDMs
- Worldwide Area Airport Operations Managers & Central Teams
- Network Operations, Business Resilience, Global Learning Academy, Revenue Ops, Global Catering Ops
- Commercial Team, Marketing, Corporate Communications
- IAG Cargo Ops, IAG Cargo Sales,
- IAG Procurement, Tech, Group International Relations
- Safety, Corporate Security, Asset Protection
- IFCE & Flight crew, ICC, IFCE & Flight Crew Management
- HR Manager, HRBP, Global Learning Academy
- Customer Relations
- Local Government Authorities – State Police, State Health, City Administration
- Central Government Authorities – Customs, CISF, Bureau of Immigration, Regional Labour Commissioner, Airports Authority of India
- Airport Operator
- Suppliers - Ground Handling Coy, Airline Security, Catering, Crew hotel, Baggage Delivery Agent, Lounge supplier, Inflight Catering
- Local Hotels & Transport providers
- British Deputy High Commissions
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Bureau of Immigration, C.I.S.F, Customs
One World Carriers
- Experienced people manager with good understanding of Indian airport processes.
- Is safety conscious at all times and will effectively challenge poor safety and compliance behaviours at all times.
- Role models the service hallmarks and business behaviours expected of all colleagues and partners whether they are internal or external.
- Experience of managing and holding suppliers and individuals to account.
- Displays professionalism, integrity and personality at all times.
- Has excellent leadership and management behaviours.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial reports and translate them in to required actions.
- Shows flexibility, energy, resilience and a willingness to work unsociable hours under their own direction.
- Is a decision maker and problem solver sometimes with limited information and tight deadlines.
- Has a desire for self-development, learning and a passion for excellence.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills in a range of different situations.
- Has an understanding of airport operations, both above and below the wing.
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and their application in an airport environment.
- Experience of managing and/or leading change using recognised change management principals.
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Eligible to work in India & be able to obtain and maintain an airside pass
Working in New Delhi
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.