It’s an exciting time to be at British Airways. – and making an unprecedented investment in new aircraft and every aspect of the customer experience.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
Great journeys require first-class aircraft. That’s why we’ve our world class engineering function is so important to the British Airways customer experience. On our team, you get to work in unrivalled facilities on one of the most diverse fleets around: 300 aircraft from 747s (the 'queen of the skies') to new A320neos and A350s. Get ready to push your engineering skills to ensure our customers fly in the safest, most reliable aircraft in the skies.
In return for keeping our fleet at the forefront of the sector, you’ll receive great rewards and lots of scope to develop your engineering skills and progress your career.
- Leads maintenance activities including setting clear targets and expectations
- Individual compliance with appropriate company procedures, policies, legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the successful completion of all allocated, planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks. This is expected to be achieved through effective leadership, supervision of maintenance and efficient allocation of resources, equipment and assets
- Provides guidance for individual and team maintenance activities, ensuring compliance with safety, company procedures, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Ensures and supports effective communication
- Crafts a culture of continuous improvement in a production environment, in order to increase unit performance and colleague development
- Supports the development of a high performance team and culture
- Customer service orientated to support BA and other external customers
- Responsible for remaining qualified and authorised on all aircraft types, vehicles and equipment applicable to area
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to quality, health, safety and environment regulations and housekeeping standards
- Conduct competency checks in accordance with British Airways quality procedures Carries out IT and documentary transactions as required, making full use of technology
- Expected to further own knowledge and skills base
You will need
- An Unrestricted EASA/Part-66 Category B1 and/or B2 licence
- Successful candidates holding an EASA Part-66 Licence will be accepted.
- For B1, hold a minimum of Two widebody type rating in the B1.1 Category (turbofan or turboprop)
- Proven recent experience at certifying aircraft, 6 months within last 2 years
- English and Spanish knowledge is desirable, written and spoken fluent
You will be
- Your success will be a combination of technical experience and leadership behaviours
- Problem solving and acting on own initiative is important so you can make timely and informed decisions with an ability to bring together and understand complex information
- Ability to interpret technical publications to make fact-based decisions in a challenging operational environment is key. To combine these capabilities with an innovative, flexible and adaptable approach
- Strong collaborative skills are needed as you manage a team
- Strong prioritisation, planning and organisation will mean you can deliver the British Airways and other customers operation on time
What we can offer you
- The overall package reflects your status in the maintenance department, the expertise and leadership you'll bring, encouraging the team to deliver to their full potential.
- As a permanent employee of British Airways, you'll also receive the full range of company benefits
- A variety of shift patterns are available to suit your work life balance attracting competitive shift pay
Training and Development we can offer:
- Our specialist technical training facility at Heathrow is the venue for all our type course training
- We offer a wide range of industry leading Part-147 / Part-145 training, which includes the latest Aircraft types, technological classrooms and simulators
- Access to a suite of personal and developmental professional training through our Global Learning Academy at Heathrow
At British Airways we offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as:
- A pension scheme and life insurance
- Discounted confirmed flights for friends and family on BA from date of joining
- Staff travel benefits
- Discounted standby travel on other airlines in the oneworld alliance
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more
We are seeking motivated B1 Licenced Engineers with A320, A330,A350, A380, B767, B777 and or B787 aircraft type. Based in Madrid, must be eligible to live and work in Spain.
Working in Madrid
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.