BA CityFlyer, the leading airline at London City Airport, are inviting passionate, career focused Direct Entry Captains to join our London based team.
We’ve upped our game since you last checked us out… we are now offering you the potential earning opportunity of between £90,000 - £95,000* in your first year.
*(including basic pay, flying pay, variable allowances and non-contractual discretionary bonus).
And there’s more… you’ll have the opportunity to apply to British Airways Mainline through the "British Airways Career Pathway" (following minimum 2 years’ service and subject to vacancies being available), alternatively stay with us and progress your career as a Line Trainer or Fleet Manager. Add to that, we have a whole host of leading industry benefits that we have listed below.
Now let’s talk about BA CityFlyer as a place to work… we are committed to diversity and inclusion, that’s why our number of female pilots is around three times the national average at 14%. Our fleet of 22 Embraer Aircraft is growing, our routes are diversifying connecting our customers for both business and leisure, to destinations locally and throughout Europe. We work hard to deliver the highest professional and safety standards. At the same time we ensure we celebrate our successes with you through our non-contractual discretionary bonus scheme as well as through our recognition initiatives. Add to that, our home at London City Airport is developing which only means more exciting times ahead.
What we ask of you:
Minimum total 4,000 hours total time to include 1,500 hours as PIC of a commercial jet/turbo prop multi-crew aircraft with a take-off weight of 20 tonnes or greater. The 1,500 hours will not include any PICUS hours.
- UK EASA Licence (or converted by start date)
- Current MPA rating on an aircraft in excess of 20 tonnes MTOM
- Valid ME Instrument rating
- Valid Class 1 Medical (valid for 6 months after date of joining)
- ICAO English language proficiency level 6
- E-Jet type rating desirable but not essential
What we can offer in return:
- Company funded conversion course/type rating (with bond)
- Medical and licence renewals paid by BA CityFlyer
- Company pension scheme (up to 12% employer contribution)
- Loss of Licence scheme on joining
- Life insurance benefits
- 30 days annual leave increasing to 35 days on 5-years completed service
- Eligible for extensive British Airways worldwide staff travel benefits
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
Working in London
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.