Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else
This is an exciting role to work as part of a wider Operations Planning team to deliver robust flight crew training plans to the business. You will create accurate training plans and rosters for our pilots and training facilities. You will manage the monthly process to publish these training rosters while working with key stakeholders across Operations Planning, Flight Operations and the Global Learning Academy. Through this role you will maintain effective working relationships with trainers and ensure efficient use of trainers, simulators and training flights. You will need to think outside the box to develop creative solutions, especially when plans are impacted by unforeseen operational changes, as well as having a keen eye for detail.
We are looking for analytical, data savvy, problem solvers who are forward thinking and always looking for a better way to do things.
Our Corporate and Support roles come with big potential to make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re an innovator and brave and bold thinker, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
The starting salary is £33,962 which moves up to £35,885 in line with performance.
Other benefits include:
- Enrolment as a member of the British Airways Pension Plan (BAPP)
- 24 days annual leave plus 8 additional days of paid leave in lieu of Bank Holidays, prorated according to contractual hours.
- Season Ticket Loan scheme allows you to purchase an annual season ticket for your train and/or tube journey to work and spread the cost, which is deducted from your salary, over 10 months
- Annual membership upfront for Gymflex and the cost of the annual membership then be deducted from your pay over 12 months
Staff travel benefits:
- On completion of 1 years’ eligible service, one annual bookable concession on BA, upgradeable to Club World.
- Unlimited standby concessions on BA.
- Unlimited premium standby concessions on BA.
- Hotline tickets on BA - discounted bookable tickets for family and friends.
- Unlimited standby concessions other airlines with whom BA has an agreement.
- On completion of 20 years’ eligible service, an additional annual bookable concession on BA, upgradeable to Club World.
- Unlimited standby concessions on other airlines with whom BA has an agreement.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.