Change is in the air! Our engineering department is evolving to open up a whole new world of possibilities. Our Engineers are at the forefront of aviation technology. Instrumental in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our fleet
We have a variety of aircraft you can work on. A320s, B777s, B747s, B787s and A380s. We are growing our A320neos and on the way are A350s and more Boeing 787 Dreamliners. A time of investment and growth in our fleet, producing endless opportunities for our Engineers.
You’ll quickly discover that no two days are ever the same at BA. With 133 long-haul and 141 short-haul aircraft across Heathrow and Gatwick, the possibilities are endless. We’ll give you all the ownership and trust to do your job right. Building your confidence and improving your decision making skills.
A new era in engineering is here. If you want to be part of the change, you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
We are looking for expert Engineers to join our Technical team in our Engineering Operations Control Centre at London Heathrow. You will monitor aircraft performance through Aircraft monitoring systems and Technical Log reports, repetitive defect analysis, aircraft reliability and Safety review. Alongside this you will provide direct Technical support to the operational area’s maintaining the our fleet of aircraft
In developing and providing Technical solutions to support our operating fleet, you will be liaising directly with Boeing and Airbus Operational Control Centres as well as internal partners across our Engineering Support organisation.
The role involves shift work on 12 Hrs (4 on 4 off) with early and late cover.
What we look for from you
- Degree Level /HNC / HND or equivalent in an engineering subject
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent industry experience
- EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 Licence with CRS experience on at least one aircraft type operated by BA
- Shown experience of Aircraft Fault isolation / repetitive defect analysis and knowledge of AHM / Airman.
- Experience of providing Technical Support in an airline MCC environment an advantage.
What we can offer you
The overall package reflects your status in the engineering department. As a permanent employee of British Airways, you’ll receive the full range of company benefits.
We can offer a basic salary plus competitive shift pay within the management grade for this role.
The position will develop your technical abilities further, and present opportunities for career development within British Airways Engineering
At British Airways we offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as
- A pension scheme where you could have a potential to contribute 5% and BA will contribute 11.5%
- Discounted confirmed and standby flights
- Regular salary reviews and a yearly performance bonus scheme
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking at work and options for parking whilst on holiday
- Access to dedicated training and professional development through our Global Learning Academy.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.