IAG - Cargo
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
The main focus of the Specialist Sales Executive is to ensure reservations involving our specialist products portfolio are made in a timely and compliant manner and to act as a product sales champion for our specialist customer base. Ultimately the role is focused on ensuring an excellent booking experience for all specialist customers and driving revenue for IAG Cargo.
The successful candidate will need to work effectively in an energetic & dynamic external environment with the main aim of ensuring an excellent customer experience; as well as to perform specialist reservations while considering many diverse factors.
Building strong working relationships with customers at various levels within each organisation is also a vital component. Salesforce is a key support tool for the Specialist Sales Executive and is the responsibility of the role to ensure it is up to date for quotes, business gained, opportunities and regulatory compliance.
Driving sales conformance, maximising capacity utilisation and securing as much specialist business as possible are other key areas of responsibility.
To give context, the UK & Ireland commercial team is a compact and busy team. It has two home markets in its geographical scope, has a high level of customer contact and it operates in a fastmoving commercial environment. This context is reflected in three ways:
- Whilst key accountabilities are role-focused, the role also has support accountability to take on other tasks to ensure customer cover is continuous from time to time.
- Accountabilities will be adaptive to changes in the commercial environment.
- The team expects its members to be in the office during the normal working hours of our customers, and on occasion there will be a need to meet with customers and potentially undertake some activity outside normal working hours.
Do you feel that you have most of the skills below? If so we'd love to hear from you:
- Highly developed social, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure without direct management
- Take measured risks in order to maximize profit.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Selling skills, particularly in effective negotiation.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels within customer and IAG Cargo.
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing new ways of meeting customer requirements
- Excellent team working and team developing ability.
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
*Please note, this role is an 18-month Fixed Term Contract*
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.