Cargo & Ground Operations
Do you have experience of leading a team within an operational environment and now looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
Reporting to the Operations Senior Leadership Team the Shift Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the day to day operation that will include monitoring and driving the operational performance to ensure the team are focused on delivering against SLA & KPIs whist maintaining excellent customer service.
- Disciplined delivery of IAG Cargo operating procedures at a local level to ensure legislative and operational compliance
- Pro-actively managing their area of the business in the moment looking ahead at risks and taking mitigation, setting the business up for success.
- Management of people within the organisations policy’s including regular 1:2:1 with direct reports
- Coach and support Team Leaders to run the day to day shift by ensuring that the environment, facilities, systems and materials are available to deliver a smooth and efficient operation
- Accountable for the health, safety and security of the site whilst on shift to comply with operational and legislative requirements
- To ensure that the unit operates to the highest standards of customer service in order to maximise customer satisfaction
- Support and drive the delivery of Area measures and performance standards. Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and productivity goals are met
- Support and take accountability for delivery of key assigned projects
- Accountable for out of hours representation of the management team covering issues around health, safety and security
- Ensure the business is adequately resourced, addressing any daily shortfalls and reviewing resourcing ahead of time.Key
Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading a team and providing people management within one of the following sectors; FMCG, Retail, Logistics or Security
- Experience of communicating with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience of delivering Excellent Customer Service
- Track record of delving against SLA’s / KPI’s within a fast paced environment
- Ability to delegate effectively, agree objectives and hold people accountable for delivery
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage multiple and conflicting tasks effectively
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Shift Operations Manager please use the ‘apply now’ function
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.