Are you an inquisitive, natural collaborator who loves using big data to understand and solve big business challenges? Do you bring an open, agile work ethos? If so, now’s a great time to join British Airways. We’re evolving to become a more sustainable, resilient and flexible business. After a challenging 18 months, we’ve never been more ready to take Britain to the world, and the world to Britain.
As a Senior Data Science Consultant, you’ll ensure we extract maximum value from our vast array of data. But that’s not all. You’ll also help to deliver the world-renowned British Airways service and shape the future of our business. In return, you’ll find plenty of exciting opportunities to grow and develop, plus outstanding rewards, including fantastic travel benefits.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll bring a structured approach to complex, sometimes ill-defined business issues, informing and improving our decision making through data and analytical insight. By developing evaluative models and metrics to estimate benefits and costs, you’ll use data science to provide a deep understanding of our business and wider industry, ultimately helping us achieve our ambitious business plan. You’ll also lead and coach others in delivering data science solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing sophisticated and actionable data science models
- Project ownership, from scoping to implementation
- Stakeholder management of senior decision makers
- Developing excellent knowledge of BA data
- Maintaining excellent data science practices and supporting a continuous improvement culture
Who we’re looking for
You bring hands-on skills in languages such as Python, as well as experience of SQL to query and prototype new metrics. You’ve a deep understanding of the business area, using machine learning, forecasting and optimisation to solve problems. You’re also a proactive, engaging team player who can constructively connect with senior stakeholders as well as your immediate team. And you enjoy sharing your knowledge with business people and analysts alike.
In addition, you’ll bring:
- A numerate degree with data science components, or highly relevant experience
- A strong understanding of our business and product offerings
- Awareness of our main competitors and external influences
- The ability to help improve the team, sharing ideas and best practice freely
- Flexibility in the face of change
- A passion for our brand and customers
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.