We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analyst to join our Revenue Planning & Forecasting team where you will focus on influencing BA’s Commercial strategy. The role offers a challenging and fast-paced environment with significant exposure to key decision makers and the ability to influence and shape strategy across various commercial functions. You will ensure senior management make informed decisions based on data and analysis and your insights and recommendations will help shape and drive the strategy at BA.
• Forecasting BA revenue to guide the business in the current year and to develop the business plan in future years
• Develop monthly forecasts for an assigned geographic segment and present forecasts and related analysis to the Commercial Leadership Team for sign-off
• Providing the link between Commercial Performance and Finance on flown and forecasted revenue
• Reporting on revenue performance to the BA and IAG leadership teams
• Fostering culture of continuous improvement within the team: improving and refining forecasting methodologies and models based on recent insights and vs methodologies used across IAG and sharing analytical best practice
• Influence strategic decision making by maintaining strong senior stakeholder relationships and challenging their approaches through analytics and insight
Who we’re looking for:
• You have a strong and extensive analytical background and are able to demonstrate evidence of delivering insight through analysis on a variety of situations
• You enjoy solving problems that deliver commercial value and you are able to identify, structure, and lead analytical projects in a fast-paced environment
• You are curious and able to make full use of your commercial acumen to think through implications and ask bigger picture questions
• You have strong influencing and presentation skills to drive decisions and are able to provide evidence of where your analysis has influenced a decision
• You can demonstrate experience influencing and challenging senior stakeholders and are comfortable building relationships across departments
• You have experience extracting, manipulating, and analysing data, with strong Excel skills
• Experience working with large datasets and exposure to Anaplan, Smartview, SAS, SQL, Tableau or similar data analysis and visualisation software will be highly regarded.
At BA we value analysis and the benefit it can bring to driving our business strategy forward. We have a strong analytical community where analysts from across the business can share knowledge, receive training, network, and move around different roles to strengthen their career.
Our Corporate and Support roles come with big potential to make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re an innovator and brave and bold thinker, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.