IAG - Cargo
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
The main focus of the Sales Negotiation Executive is the effective negotiation of ad hoc sales, both at customer premises and on the Sales Negotiation desk at Carrus. For long periods of time the job holder will work off site, working without immediate supervision and making key independent commercial decisions on behalf of IAG Cargo.
It is fundamental to the role that each individual can work effectively in an energetic external environment with the main aim to secure the best deal possible for IAG Cargo. This can be a challenging task because customers are looking to drive down the price in order to maximise their profit margins. Building strong working relationships with customers at various levels within each organisation is also a vital component.
Targeting primarily adhoc business, the Sales executive will negotiate on price to secure additional revenue, making sure each booking meets/exceeds IAG Cargo’s profitability target.
Salesforce is a key support tool for the Sales Negotiation Executive and is the responsibility of the role to ensure it is up to date for quotes, business gained, opportunities and sales call discussions.
Driving sales conformance, maximising capacity utilisation and developing new lanes of business are other key areas of responsibility.
- To give context, the UK & Ireland commercial team is a compact and busy team. It has two home markets in its geographical scope, has a high level of customer contact and it operates in a fast-moving commercial environment. This context is reflected in three ways:
- Whilst key accountabilities are role-focused, the role also has support accountability to take on other tasks to ensure customer cover is continuous from time to time.
- Accountabilities will be adaptive to changes in the commercial environment.
- The team expects its members to either be in the office or with customers during the normal working hours of our customers, and from time to time there will be activity outside normal working hours.
- Provide a personal sales service to major customers based at the customer premises.
- Proactive approach to customer call outs when working on the Sales Negotiation desk and when based at customer premises.
- In the absence of the Sales Negotiation Manager, a Sales Negotiation Executive will be asked to deputise. This will entail managing the team, allocating tasks, covering UK sales meetings and acting as the escalation point for issues.
- In the absence of a member of the account management team, a Sales Negotiation Executive will be the main point of contact for the customer. This will entail, key decision making, escalation point for issues and attending customer meetings.
- Maintain strong customer relationships when working onsite in Carrus.
- Develop a good understanding of Optima and COPs, including the filling of rates.
- Effective negotiation of rates, maximum utilisation of specific PB allotments and gaining access to capacity to secure an increase in customer market share.
- Management of the AVCD out of tolerance Spot rejection queue within the defined guidelines, which will include the renegotiation of rates which have fallen outside pre-set parameters.
- Sound knowledge of customer preferential rates as filled in the COPS pricing data base, in order to understand the level of discounting.
- To manage all UK Contact Centre rerouted calls where hurdle rates have not been met and booking has been rejected.
- Identify new business through effective dialogue with customers at transactional level
- Develop pipeline reports for new business opportunities and record in Salesforce. Provide business with progress updates on each new opportunity.
- Carry out an agreed number of Monthly sales calls per month. Schedule and record minutes of meetings in Salesforce.
- The effective use of Salesforce to follow up promptly on pending and live quotes. When on the sales negotiation desk, this will involve following up on quotes recorded by other sales colleagues.
- Work largely on own initiative in negotiating deals with agents and maximising selling available capacity.
- Confident in managing customer challenges without having direct support from IAG cargo management.
- Achieve revenue targets by seeking all selling opportunities from customer to maximise both yield and revenue for the UK&I.
- Support the account management team to develop innovative and creative partnership strategies with customer, which become the benchmark for good selling within IAG Cargo
- Develop strong working relationships with customer support, based on mutual trust, respect and understanding of their needs, to develop loyalty to IAG Cargo.
- Work with the account management team to negotiate short, medium and long term pricing initiatives to mutual benefit.
- Using Salesforce, provide weekly commercial update on business won/lost, market trends, conversion rates and competitor information.
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Sales Negotiation Executive, please use the ‘apply now’ function.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.