Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else
Are you an experienced Operations Planning professional with a passion for resource management?
The Resource Manager role is a fantastic opportunity to lead a team at a senior level responsible for delivering accurate and robust resource plans, from the creation of the financial plan to the on the day operational delivery. As a Resource Business Partner, you will work closely with stakeholders, providing reporting against the resource plan and driving the delivery of resource efficiencies. The role provides opportunity to get involved in project work, develop and people manage teams, and act as a deputy for the Head of Operations Planning. This is a critical position that requires excellent leadership, communication, and analytical skills, and offers the chance to create a strong feedback culture within the Operations Planning department. Apply now to take the next step in your career!
Day to day activities in this role will include:
- Leading a team and creating a positive working environment and team culture
- Presenting feedback loop analysis to stakeholders to better inform upstream planning assumptions.
- Performing a Resource Business Partnership role across the operational areas, people, industrial relations, and finance.
- Industrial Relations negotiations
- Highlighting risk and opportunities within the short-term resource outlook
- Management of the longer term resource forecast vs the financial plan
- Directly influencing operational performance
- Implementing change programmes from a resource perspective
Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of resource planning processes, excellent stakeholder management skills, and experience in successful team and performance management. They must also possess strong planning, numeracy, and analytical skills and have excellent communication skills to understand and convey problems concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences. Additionally, the role requires problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to influence people around you by presenting complex data up to and including senior management. A proactive self-starter with a proven record of effective troubleshooting and strong data exploitation skills, including Microsoft Excel, is also required. The successful candidate must be emotionally resilient, cope well under pressure and changing demands, and have developed organisational and time management skills. They should also have knowledge of reporting tools and be highly IT literate.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
- Healthcare employee cover with an option to pay for partner and /or dependants cover
- Corporate annual bonus scheme
- 26 days annual leave plus 8 additional days of paid leave in lieu of Bank Holidays, prorated according to contractual hours.
- Enrolment as a member of the British Airways Pension Plan (BAPP)
- Season Ticket Loan scheme allows you to purchase an annual season ticket for your train and/or tube journey to work and spread the cost, which is deducted from your salary, over 10 months
- Annual membership upfront for Gymflex and the cost of the annual membership then be deducted from your pay over 12 months
Staff Travel Benefits
- One annual bookable concession on BA, upgradeable to First, increasing to two after 1 years’ eligible service
- For self and nominees – from date of joining
- Unlimited standby concessions on BA
- Unlimited premium standby concessions on BA
- Hotline tickets on BA - discounted bookable tickets for family and friends
- Unlimited standby concessions on other airlines with whom BA has an agreement
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.