Cargo & Ground Operations
Are you looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
- Provide coaching, assistance and support the Area Customer service management teams and ensure a fully coordinated approach exists across all stations in the region.
- Introduce customer service plans, in conjunction with the Commercial Teams, for the development of key business opportunities.
- Support business initiatives and projects and champion their implementation across the region
- Work closely with our London operations colleagues to identify ways and means of continuously improving service levels to our customers and optimising the freight journey.
- Identify and implement solutions and have a thorough understanding of local processes and procedures, especially concerning safety & security requirements and governing bodies across all of the area.
- Commercial acumen – identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience and seek ways to gain incremental revenue where possible. Visit and interact with key customers on a regular basis to manage and improve relationships across the freight journey.
- Work with Procurement to drive strategy that delivers extra value from Ground Handling supplier contracts.
- Monitor and compare operational performance against the prescribed indicators (Cargo iQ, and FAB). Identify gaps in performance and implement solutions to maintain and deliver full conformance and premium levels of customer service along the entire freight journey.
- Deliver and improve against non-conformance targets and implement a zero-tolerance policy against safety and security issues.
- Good technical knowledge of IAG Cargo systems and processes.
- Ability to specifically coordinate a team to deliver across regional departments and functions daily.
- Advanced knowledge of the air cargo industry with the relevant commercial acumen & understanding of the IAGC cargo business model and strategy.
- Work at a leadership level with the ability to handle multiple tasks and remain passionate and calm during difficult times.
- Innovative and resourceful in response to rapidly changing regulatory environment.
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
There are two roles being recruited through this process. One will be focused on Asia pacific stations including India, China, Japan and Australasia, The second role will be focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.