Are you a value driven creative problem solver who thrives on finding and leading data science solutions for business? Is agility your normal state of being? If so, now’s a great time to join British Airways. We’re evolving to become a more sustainable, resilient and flexible business. After a challenging 18 months, we’ve never been more ready to take Britain to the world, and the world to Britain.
As a Principal Data Science Consultant, you’ll be one of our key analytics leaders. But that’s not all. You’ll also help to deliver the world-renowned British Airways service and shape the future of our business. In return, you’ll find plenty of exciting opportunities to grow and develop, plus outstanding rewards, including fantastic travel benefits.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll head up a data science team acting as an internal consultancy and champion analytics innovation to grow and improve our business. Working with stakeholders and colleagues, you’ll advise on the best approaches to resolve complex issues. You’ll lead people on projects and also play a key role in their career development, ensuring their continued growth. Helping transformation happen across our different functions will also be a key part of your remit, getting data and analytical insight to where it’s most valuable and effective.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning a portfolio of crucial data science projects
- Collaborating with senior colleagues to manage the data science workflow
- Providing expert data science knowledge and coaching to other consultants
- Building very high-profile data science models
- Managing senior stakeholders in a confident and proactive manner
- People management of other colleagues
Who we’re looking for
You bring hands-on skills in languages such as Python, as well as experience of SQL to query and prototype new metrics. You’re a born leader, able to coach your team in techniques like machine learning, forecasting and optimisation to develop deep business knowledge and solve challenges. A proactive, engaging collaborator, you’re used to distilling complex issues into accessible language, and influencing and informing stakeholders at every level. And you’re always ready to share new knowledge with our business and analyst community.
In addition, you’ll bring:
- A numerate degree with data science components, or highly relevant experience
- Experience of applying data science and/or leading teams to solve business problems
- The ability to connect with stakeholders at every level
- A strong understanding of our business and product offerings
- Awareness of our main competitors and external influences
- A desire to grow into a managerial or specialist technical role
- Flexibility in the face of change
- A passion for our brand and customers
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.