Cargo & Ground Operations
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always working as one team and always with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
To ensure the effective management and supply of all assets pertaining to ULD Logistics in line with IATA guidance. The role is responsible for monitoring the supply and performance of third-party operators whilst ensuring effective communication to all departments. The network and equipment manager is also responsible for providing the correct tools to allow the team to deliver defined and agreed standards to support the growth of the business.
- The management, control and return of foreign ULDs to ensure demurrage charges are minimised.
- Prepare billing invoices for accounts in respect of demurrage charges due to BA. Check and confirm/dispute invoices received from foreign carriers
- Process transfers and monitor the return of foreign ULDs on BA services and BA ULDs on other member airlines in order to control demurrage costs and charges.
- Build and maintain relationships within IATA group to ensure successful management and ULD control between carriers.
- Identify & support business opportunities through effective use of performance data for trend analysis, utilisation and improved productivity/cost reduction.
- Enhancing demand forecasting and stock planning capability by designing and implementing improved analysis and enhanced ULD stock calculations. Subsequent monitoring of the accuracy of forecasts will be required, based on aircraft changes, CLC behaviour, weather conditions etc.
- Ensure that ULD availability is part of the process for route changes; new or increases, and is part of the commercial process for charters.
- Focus on continuous improvement and sustainability in relation to consumables required for IAG operation
- Control and monitor consumables for London and worldwide operations
- Third Party management of consumable suppliers
- Management of data pertaining to LHR Agent bond checks and ULD management.
- Regularly support department and departmental managers with management data analysis and trends for UK/I & Europe and share outputs/best practices with the rest of the IAGC network to deliver excellent punctuality, performance, capacity and cost reduction.
- Develop close working relationships with Cargo and Pax Customer service staff, and IAGC Hubs and stations at all levels worldwide.
- Develop understanding of IAG ULD management systems and provide support to the network.
- Manage a portfolio of regular reports, dashboards and visualisations
- Coach and support Team Leaders to run the day to day shifts by ensuring that the environment, facilities, systems and materials are available to deliver a smooth and efficient operation.
- Accountable for the health, safety and security of the site whilst on shift to comply with operational and legislative requirements.
- Work alongside key stakeholders across the business to answer critical business questions using a variety of analytical tools e.g. Excel, SQL, Alteryx and Tableau
- Act as a champion for ULD tracking system needs
- Work alongside and provide support to a team of ULD Duty Managers.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and responsibility for making things happen
- Develops and maintains relationships across various teams
- Good team working skills
- Analytical, able to identify high-level trends and key factors as well as maintain
- attention to detail
- Displays confidence and resilience, demonstrating energy to achieve results and
- delivering on commitments
- Able to proactively and constructively challenge at all levels
- Able to prioritise competing demand to deliver best value to the team and business
- Ability to analyse and present findings concisely with insightful commentary
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Degree in a numerical discipline an advantage
- Experience in the cargo airline industry, consumable control or logistics
- Change management and continuous improvement
- Ability to interrogate IAG Cargo systems, analyse data and convert into meaningful information.
- Contract management
- Experience of managing significant budgets
- Experience of using analytical and data software and tools
- Third-party management
Applicant must also hold or be able to hold an airside pass
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.