IAG - Cargo
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisations and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
Reporting to the Production Planning Manager, the Manpower Planning Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing effective and efficient tactical manpower plans which meet the forecast short-term operational demand across the Heathrow operation This role will be responsible for the effective utilisation of the workforce across a 24/7/365 basis and will entail some weekend working. The role will directly or indirectly manage teams of resource administrators. This role will work closely with the operations team to ensure alignment of priorities and support of the business strategy.
- Supporting and implementing the short-term organizational strategy in relation to resources.
- Taking ownership of budgeted headcount to schedule resource effectively for operational departments using real time analytics and metrics to monitor the effectiveness of deployed resources.
- Ensure accurate staffing levels are met through the forecasting process.
- Work with operational managers to build optimum rosters that ensure the available resource is fully utilized by aligning business strategy with resource allocation and departmental goals.
- Working with other departments to ensure that contingency plans are in place for special events such as seasonal, disruption and industrial action.
- Management of the operational recruitment pipeline, accurately forecasting changing resource requirements based on attrition and attendance and ensuring resource is planned and introduced effectively.
- Integrate non-operational manpower requirements (i.e. training, sickness, leave) alongside the operational requirements to deliver a single, central manpower plan for each operational area.
- Ownership of resource reporting to all required business areas, ensuring effective communication of current and planned resource levels.
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate at all levels
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, ability to form meaningful relationships with peers and the wider operation.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Manage multiple and conflicting tasks effectively
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Manpower Planning Manager, please use the ‘apply now’ function.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.