IAG - Cargo
Are you an experienced revenue management or commercial professional looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
Reporting to the Long Haul Optimisation Manager the Inventory Optimisation Manager will be responsible for leading, motivating and supporting a team of Route Analysts, with responsibility for optimising contribution (profit) for a significant part of IAG Cargo’s network. You will carry out and promote detailed analysis to drive effective decision making within your team, and will work closely with stakeholders across revenue optimisation, sales and operations to both identify commercial opportunities and ensure operational integrity.
- Provide strategic direction for the route group and drive delivery of overall contribution and load factor targets.
- Performance manage a team of up to 5 Route Analysts providing coaching, expertise and guidance to deliver/exceed targets.
- Ensure the team sets appropriate demand forecasts and hurdle rates to optimise the mix of business on flights, maximising yield and/or load factor performance
- Maximise flight capacity, taking risk by using baggage assumptions and overbooking profiles to maximise selling opportunities within operational constraints.
- Evaluate complex multi-lane requests for capacity allocations across the network, monitor their utilisation and ensure appropriate action.
- Provide commentary and analysis for weekly and monthly reporting up to CET (Cargo Executive Team) level at appropriate level of detail.
- Monitor competitor activity and market share on the routes and ensure rapid response to competition changes/market opportunities.
- Work closely with key regional stakeholders across Commercial and Operations
Key Skills & Experience
- Ideally Educated to degree level or have relevant work experience within a similar role
- Strong communication and influencing skills up to senior levels and excellent level of written/spoken English required
- Strong analytical ability, judgement and decision-making
- Able to find solutions to complex, cross-functional problems
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Expertise in using Excel
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Inventory Optimisation Manager please use the ‘apply now’ function.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.