IAG - Cargo
Purpose of the Role -
Would you uplift a lion or a cheetah on your flight from Johannesburg to London if you could only take one?
How would you optimise flight space when also carrying urgent medical aid or vaccines?
Would you choose to carry whiskey or flowers if you only had one pallet left to sell on your flight?
If you would love the opportunity to answer these questions, a role in the rapidly expanding Revenue Management department of IAG Cargo could be just for you.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be accountable for the delivery of IAG Cargo’s revenue by maximising the contribution on each flight departure for a set of routes within IAG Cargo’s global Network portfolio. We will ask you to determine and drive route strategies, from your own initiative and through working across various departments, to optimise contribution and achieve various commercial and route targets (including load factors).
Completion of the below tasks will be essential to you excelling here;
- Regular and ad-hoc analysis exploiting revenue management systems and tools to optimise contribution and forecast performance
- Analyse and understand key business drivers to deliver effective decision-making
- Flight capacity management including market demand and yield forecasting, taking appropriate action to improve utilisation of available hold space
- Monitor competitor activity and market share and ensure response to competition
- Review and influence system generated outputs to optimise performance,
- Work with Sales and Revenue Management colleagues on appropriate pricing levels (tariff and ad hoc) to access capacity to deliver the best mix of product, origin, destination and customer on all routes to optimise IAG returns
- Working closely with commercial functions (Sales, Marketing, Network etc.) to identify and drive new commercial initiatives,
understanding our unique operational constraints and customer expectations, adapting strategies to ensure we are work within them and balance objectives.
- Contribute to the development of Revenue Management through continuous improvement and project work
What Makes You A Great Fit
- Analytical; robust analysis is at the heart of all Revenue Management decisions
- Influencer; negotiating and managing stakeholders will be a key element of the role
- Self-starter; able to work on own initiative, make decisions and implement
- Target driven; incentivized by commercial targets and IAG Cargo Financial Plan
- Logical mind-set; consider trade-offs to meet high level Financial Plan targets and understand the impact on individual results.
- Effective communicator; express complex data clearly, verbally and written
- Team player; ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Creative; ability to think ‘outside the box’ and deal with complexity and ambiguity
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Evidence of ability to make decisions and judgements based on detailed analysis
- History of driving change identified from analysis and decisions
- A strong team player with the energy and drive to achieve the team’s objectives
- Experience of working with other group departments, for example Sales
- Experience working in Revenue Management
- Experience of working with Seabury data and WACD market share data
- Understanding of the Cargo business
What You Will Get In Return
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday annually, plus bank holidays
- DC Pension scheme
- Flight benefits on IAG Airlines with the opportunity to travel globally in Business Class
- Hybrid working environment
- Option to be included in the Annual Incentive Scheme
- Working at Heathrow airport with a canteen looking onto the runway
- Work in a dynamic and talented team where your ideas can make a difference
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to lions, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Operating across 350 destinations and 15,000 flights per week, we are a top 10 cargo carrier and a trusted partner for more than 10,000 businesses including The British Museum, National Portrait Gallery and Boeing. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always working as one team and always with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.