Graduates & Business Placements
Duration: 3 months over Summer
Location: London Heathrow
Salary: £18,000 (pro-rata)
Application Closing Date: 25 November 2021
Start Date: June 2022
Get a taste of the Future Leaders Graduate Programme with this exciting Internship. It may only last the summer, but it packs plenty in. Take on proper responsibility with projects that make a real difference to our business, all while working alongside experienced colleagues who’ll guide and support you. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to build your network with the Graduate community in the business too. We’ve always been interested in different perspectives and viewpoints. Fresh thinking and new ideas. So we welcome applicants from any degree discipline.
You will have the drive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically. We are looking for a minimum of a predicted 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our internship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for interns at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Access to and part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
- Opportunity to continue your British Airways journey following your internship by becoming a 'Campus Ambassador'
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 25 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre late January
For more information about our Future Leaders Internship scheme click here:
Unfortunately due to the salary threshold requirements for sponsorship we are unable to provide visa sponsorship if you require a work visa for our internship programmes.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.