Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
HR & Legal
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else
As we’re on a journey to become a Better BA, this is the perfect time to accelerate our Inclusion and Diversity plans. We have clear ambitions, initiatives & measures to achieve and the opportunities ahead of us are huge. You will create meaningful change by leading on the implementation of our I&D vision and, improving diversity representation in Aviation, from Pilots to Engineers, there’s a chance to really make a difference, working with senior leaders and our HR teams. Your role will be actively contributing to our purpose and strategic imperatives. As well as subject matter expertise we need someone who is highly innovative, analytical, influential and collaborative.
Key duties will include:
- Advancing I&D at BA by delivering our vision & strategy, accelerating our transformation in this space to support our business strategy.
- Providing clarity internally and externally on the importance of the I&D strategy at BA and how the business plans to transform our representation and improve Inclusion.
- Driving stakeholder accountability, to integrate all aspects of Inclusion & Diversity into the colleague lifecycle, wellbeing, recruitment, L&D, talent, policy, property and accessibility.
- Project management & implementation of I&D initiatives across demographics and levers from scoping through to evaluation of impact.
- Continuous evaluation and presentation of data using tableau across directorates and countries to identify focus areas for BA and individual directorates.
- Working with business areas to gain qualitative feedback and insight into factors impacting Inclusion or diversity representation and coach stakeholders to drive conscious Inclusion.
- Managing I&D governance processes.
- Extremely passionate about Inclusion & diversity, you’re naturally curious are always learning or looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to analyse data to inform appropriate interventions.
- Ability to coach & influence stakeholders to create behavioural change & Conscious Inclusion.
- Solution focused; problem solving, and action orientated.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to different stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
Our Corporate and Support roles come with big potential to make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re an innovator and brave and bold thinker, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.