Heathrow , United Kingdom
Cargo & Ground Operations
Full time – Permanent
Salary - basic salary £32,527 per annum, shift pay circa £5,000 Consolidated shift pay
Sign on bonus of £1,000, payable in two installments (£500 in month 3 and £500 in month 6) - external applicants only
This role is eligible for the BA Colleague Referral Scheme
**At least 12 months experience in Supervisory Aircraft Loading (SAL qualified desirable)
Shift Pattern: Must be willing and able to work early and late shifts covering , 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the fast-paced team at British Airways, Heathrow. We have a Ground Operations Lead role available in our Ground Operations Team.
If you are passionate about delivery of excellent service levels, able to multi-task, interact, coordinate and lead colleagues to ensure a safe and punctual operation for our customers and their baggage, and want to work in a role that is critical in ensuring we deliver for our customers in an ever changing environment, this could be the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be operational-savvy, resilient to daily challenges, be an excellent communicator, and able to lead a team effectively and ensure performance shortfalls are rectified. They will be collaborative and lead by example and ensure our business remains dynamic and flexible to meet any and all challenges. Day to day focus should be razor-sharp on the satisfaction of the customer and understanding what contribution this critical area makes to the experience of the customer and their lasting impression of the British Airways brand.
What you’ll need to join us:
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service at all times
- A responsible attitude towards safety, security and compliance requirements in a demanding airside environment
- At least 12 months experience in Supervisory Aircraft Loading (SAL qualified desirable)
- A proven track record in leading an operational team, along with the ability to work under pressure
- Clear understanding of airside & baggage handling operational procedures
- The ability to drive a supportive culture coupled with the capability to deliver results when working under pressure
- Have a flexible approach to working hours - our shift patterns operate 24/7, 52 weeks per year
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK, along with the ability to obtain and retain an airside security pass
- Full manual UK driving licence, 12 months driving experience and no more than 3 points
In return, you will enjoy working in an exciting, fast paced environment, underpinned by world-class training and fantastic development opportunities. That’s not to mention the competitive salary, shift allowances and generous concessions. You'll have access to a shift swap scheme which allows for flexibility and work-life balance.
At British Airways, we offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as:
- Flexible Benefits Scheme. Our new flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and will offer a range of benefits to choose from including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension, helping you save for the future. The scheme gives colleagues choice and more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions that you receive from British Airways. The range of benefits to choose from include - critical illness cover, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Fly the World (Staff Travel). From day one, you can purchase discounted commercial tickets, known as ‘Hotline’ tickets, for your own use or for friends and family. On joining, you’ll be eligible for unlimited standby and premium standby fares on BA flights, for you and your nominees. After a qualifying period this will extend to our partner airlines. After one year, you’ll also be eligible to one concession per year for you and your nominees to use on any eligible route on our network. Taxes and charges apply.
- Cargo Concession. After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network – you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
- Well-Being. Wellbeing sponsors and advisers across British Airways promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives. We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional and stay healthy and productive.
- You can enjoy special discounts and savings on a range of products such as hotels to tie in with your staff travel trip.
- Car Parking. You can park for free for up to two weeks when you go on holiday, at our Westbase site near Heathrow.
- BA Clubs. Provides a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
This role is not eligible for sponsorship or visa sponsorship At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work.
Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work. Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves.
We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.