Graduates & Business Placements
Duration: Three years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 11 November 2021
Start Date: September 2022
Through a series of placements, you will get stuck in to the day-to-day tasks of running our business, as well as contributing to our long-term strategic vision and success. This is a hands-on programme in which you need to step out of your comfort zone, challenge others and make your ideas reality.
There are so many ways you could help us progress as a business. Imagine managing a group of 75 cabin crew, or escorting the media on overseas trips as a PR Manager. How would it sound to manage ground staff at Heathrow? How about developing sales strategies for exciting new markets, or even influencing what our fleet should look like in 20 years’ time?
Your projects will expose you to the breadth and depth of challenges only an airline our size can provide. This will give you the big-picture understanding and foresight it takes to begin introducing innovations and leading positive change – so that we deliver our strategic vision and customer promise.
You will have the opportunity to work in different roles within various areas of the business. This will mean motivating and inspiring diverse teams, while cultivating a network of mentors.
We are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject (achieved or expected). You will have the drive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
To find out more about our graduate scheme, watch a recording of a session hosted by our current grads
All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 11 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview late November
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre early January
For more information about our Future Leaders graduate scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/graduates-future-leaders
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.