Harmondsworth, United Kingdom
Graduates & Business Placements
Duration: Two years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 18 January 2024
Start Date: September 2024
Airlines are complex, everchanging and data rich, which means that the industry provides one of the most varied and interesting places for data and analytics professionals to work. Problems like determining the optimal mix of aircraft to buy for the next 20 years, or how to improve overbooking set up, requires a creative approach identifying and exploiting value from current and new data sources, applying advanced analytical techniques and visualisations.
You will apply your analytical skills to influence real life multi-million pound decisions from day one, making a tangible impact on the business as your recommendations, tools and models drive key business decisions.
You will provide the analytics input into key business projects. These projects cover all aspects of the airline from Operations to Network Planning to Commercial and have a big impact on the profitability, sustainability and customer satisfaction of our company by increasing revenue, reducing costs, helping to manage risks and optimising our customer experience. Because of this, you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of business functions and form close working relationships with decision makers and leaders within the business.
Across the programme, you will have the opportunity to develop your Data Science and Data Visualisation skills on a project by project basis across different areas of the business.
At British Airways we all have a part to play in creating an inclusive place to work. Diverse representation among our people is really important to us and we recognise that all our colleagues are uniquely different and bring their own originality, creativity and identity to work.
Inclusion and diversity is a key driver of innovation and we’re committed to creating a culture where everyone feels that they can be themselves. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and cultures to join us and be a part of our journey to become a Better BA as we continue to connect Britain with the world and the world with Britain.
Are you a curious, innovative thinker? Do you see yourself as a creative and collaborative problem solver with a talent for communicating complex ideas and who can apply your numerical competence to identify trends, patterns and insights from data?
From an academic point of view we are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree (with significant Numerical /Data Science / Advanced Analytics / Applied Statistics) and a minimum of grade B at A-Level Maths (or equivalent).
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning in both TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' and 'The Sustainability in Early Talent Recruitment' categories, ranking #15 in the 'GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers' and #83 in the 'The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers', we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and ethnic minority network 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted that you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview and application questions within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on our main event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which universities and events we will be attending.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 2 October – 18 January 2024
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in February 2024
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in March 2024
For more information about our Data Science graduate scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/data-analytics
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.