Graduates & Business Placements
Duration: Two Years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 11 November 2021
Start Date: September 2022
We operate in a fast-paced and often unpredictable sector, as a Commercial Analytics graduate you’ll play a key role interpreting complex commercial data and identifying revenue generating opportunities. We combine analytical skills with commercial acumen and find clever ways to answer time-sensitive questions every day, such as “How are short-haul bookings affected by changes to the travel corridor list?”. With exposure to senior leaders, you'll relish the challenge of finding new ways of doing things and influencing decisions at the top of the organisation.
Unlike many other graduate programmes, this one will give you the opportunity to use data to help drive tangible change. Change that you'll be able to see in our airports, with our marketing communications, on ba.com, in our supplier and partner relationships, in our passenger numbers – and ultimately, in the exemplary customer experience, you help us to deliver.
Through your placements, you'll work within different teams of graduate and professional colleagues, all the way up to Senior Management, giving you the chance to learn from them and build your internal network. The placements you may experience include:
- The Commercial Analytics and Insight team delivers actionable insights that drive decision-making across the Commercial Team – from long-term revenue forecasting, to making pricing strategy decisions and diagnosing the root cause of why a route is underperforming.
- The Revenue Optimisation Team lead on the use of new data and new metrics enabling more effective decisions by the Revenue Management team. They produce constantly evolving reports integrating multiple different data sources and are responsible for the analytical insight behind the design and optimisation of our price-products. This can include whether inclusive baggage or Wi-Fi should be offered through leisure agents, or designing discount structures for our most valuable corporate customers.
- The Sales Analysis team provides analytical support to our frontline sales teams. This ranges from creating slick tools for agents to seize opportunities, to support with deal design and testing product changes in our indirect business.
All three teams work closely together and with other analytical team across the business. Analytical work at British Airways is pivotal to the success of our business, so we have a dedicated Analyst Hub.
We are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject (either achieved or expected). Ideally in a subject involving numbers and analysis. Numerical competence and an inquisitive nature, with the ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data, and a talent for communicating complex ideas.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- To find out more about our graduate scheme, watch a recording of a session hosted by our current grads
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 11 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview late November
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre early January
For more information about our Commercial Analytics graduate scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/graduates-data
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.