IAG - Cargo
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always listening and always working with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
Reporting to the Cheif People Officer, the Employee Relations Managers role is to be accountable for shaping and implementing IAG Cargo’s employee and industrial relations strategy, delivering business change and fostering positive and productive working relationships between IAG Cargo and its people. Working closely with trade unions and employee representatives, the role holder will support seamless execution of our business strategy, lead consultations and support people initiatives to ensure that our teams are engaged and motivated to deliver for our customers.
Employee Relations cuts across all departments within the business, with a strong focus on Worldwide Operations. The role holder will need to collaborate effectively across all business departments ensuring an aligned plan is always maintained and delivered to agreed milestones with the Executive Team of IAG Cargo.
- Working closely with the Chief People Officer and Chief Operations Officer, leads the development and implementation of the employee and industrial relations vision, associated strategies and plans
- Defines and delivers the change agenda associated with the business plan
- Develops and manages relationships with key trade union representatives within the cargo business and with external trade union officials
- Supports IAG Cargo management in consultations & negotiations with trade unions and employee representatives
- Co-ordinates the Cargo employee & industrial relations agendas and timely implementation of changes
- Leads employee & industrial relations projects that support the Cargo Operations strategy and business plan
- Manages collective bargaining agreements
- Works with HRBPs, legal advisors and other people support areas to ensure consistent documentation and management of contractual matters
- Identifies and proactively manages potential employee or industrial relations risks
- Identifies opportunities to leverage current industrial agreements to achieve business performance improvements
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills internally and externally
- Strategic thinker, having the vision for change and developing creative solutions to complex challenges
- Credibility, with ability to develop and maintain trust and positive relationships
- Structured thinking with analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and distil complex issues into easy-to-understand briefings
- Delivery focused - ability to manage a complex and diverse set of priorities
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Employee Relations Manager, please use the ‘apply now’ function.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.