Cargo & Ground Operations
Purpose of the Role
Ownership of specific department within the London Operations team with responsibility for the delivery of the Operations plan and driving overall efficiency through performance management and robust productivity measures. Continuously drive improvement within area, delivering change and modernising working practices.
- Accountable for driving efficiency and maintaining a robust and resilient operation within own department, in conjunction with Operations Lead, Warehouse and for customer service and operational performance standards
- Ensure optimal operational and cost performance within own department, using judgement to adjust priorities as necessary and making sound business decisions; balancing the needs of the customer with business performance
- Responsible for all areas of people performance including line management development, team engagement, absence management and welfare, training compliance and cultural development
- Tactically manage department through conducting process reviews and documentation, audit compliance for area and people and maintaining housekeeping and facilities standards
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Security and Customs regulations within department, especially in accordance with EU, TSA and DfT requirements
- Strategic planning within department, including financial planning, and working with Resource Planning to ensure resource capabilities matches planning assumptions
- Resolve issues within own department with TU representatives and inform/consult/negotiate when appropriate, in a solution orientated manner and to drive business improvement
- Develop high performing teams through performance management, personal development and coaching, embedding brand values and behaviours at all times.
- Deliver timely service recovery in line with service recovery proposition
- Rostered Crisis escalation from the Cargo Duty Manager and responsible for the ownership and engagement of appropriate BCPs within department and for the management of these plans in the event of disruption
•Ability to influence, inspire and motivate at all levels
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to delegate effectively, agree objectives and hold people accountable for delivery
• Strong interpersonal and team skills, ability to form meaningful relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
• Decision making in a high pressure environment
• Strategic thinking
• Resilient under pressure
• Able to prioritise effectively and manage multiple and conflicting tasks effectively
• Capable of making quick and decisive decisions in a pressurised environment
• Good planning and analytical skills
• Extensive commercial knowledge, chiefly the link between operations and commercial to deliver the right customer experience.
• Degree level qualification or relevant experience
• Cargo/Airline Operations experience
• Proven track record of management of large industrial workforces
• Change management
• BA policies
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.