A fantastic opportunity to join British Airways as a data engineer in the Business Effectiveness team. In this role, you will accelerate your career and help deliver the company’s performance excellence through the utilization of business insight solutions.
This exciting position will expose you to the aviation industry and to British Airways as a whole, giving you a holistic, 360 view, of how the business operates.
You will work on a range of diverse strategic projects which provide us with meaningful insights that drive our business and help us achieve a memorable customer experience. The team have a track record of delivering business value for British Airways in areas as varied as customer call centre operations, commercial, crew, finance, people as well as with our IAG and business partners.
BA are part of the IAG Group (FTSE 100 company) and you will be located at “our hub”, in the global headquarters of IAG at Waterside, right next to Heathrow Airport.
What you’ll do?
- translate business needs into low-level data driven solutions lead teams of data engineers to deliver the overall vision of business projects
- have a “customer focused” approach to our end users ensuring delivery of quality and documented solutions
- help define and drive execution of the data team strategy
- keep up to date on the latest developments in data technologies, including Big Data
Passionate about data and technical delivery as well as being intrigued about everything that involves running a leading global aviation company. Graduate to all levels of experience.
- Numerate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or equivalent
- Passionate, with an aptitude to learn new and emerging technologies
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication (verbal and written), including the ability to articulate complex data issues
- Enjoys working with others as part of a high performing team
- Proven leadership qualities in the design and/or production of complex data and BI solutions.
- Leading, motivating and mentoring junior colleagues or offshore contractors
- Expertise with SQL, Linux, relational database systems and data ware-housing concepts
- Working experience of developing technical requirements analysis and data modelling
- Familiar with Change Management Processes
- Big data design principles
- Working knowledge of Teradata, ETL and Business Intelligence tools
- ITILv3 Foundation
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.