Brands and Customer
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else
British Airways prides itself on being Safe & Secure always. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with aviation security experience to join the Global Catering Operations Team in the key role of Catering Security Compliance Executive.
As our Catering Security subject matter expert, you’ll be involved in projects such as operational start-ups in new and exciting locations, supplier changes and the management and reporting of catering security governance, bringing you into contact with many different areas of the business. You’ll develop a vast knowledge of how the company operates and understand how our structure affects the way we do things. You’ll soon build up a strong network of both internal relationships with colleagues at all levels within the business, as well as with external partners.
The role will continually develop your skills not just as a security professional, but in other skill sets such as managing stakeholders, being resilient, influencing skills and decision making, ensuring that everything we do as a company is safe and secure. The role has lots of potential for you to make an impact, increase your visibility around the business and deliver a robust catering security plan that will make a real difference for British Airways and our suppliers.
Duties will include -
- Ensuring the delivery of security risk & compliance management for our In-Flight Supplies, from our food & beverages to our blankets and amenity kits, all provided by our global supplier network.
- Responsible for the supplier performance management of third party catering security providers, including commercial accountability for a budget in excess of one million.
- Conducting routine compliance activities and incident investigations, liaising with multidisciplinary teams across British Airways to ensure regulatory compliance as well as driving continuous improvement.
- You will have a high degree of autonomy in determining the risk profile of our suppliers of In-Flight Supplies and a planned annual schedule of security assessment visits, promoting a great Security Culture.
We welcome candidates who can demonstrate:
- Experience of working in aviation security.
- Knowledge of airline catering.
- Performance management of suppliers.
- An eye for detail and a tenacious approach.
- Strong networking & communication skills towards multifunctional stakeholders.
You will need:
- To be able to learn and develop in a fast-paced environment.
- To demonstrate proactive self-direction with a high level of initiative and persistence, and a hands-on approach to results delivery.
- The ability to apply critical thinking, recognize patterns and develop solutions.
- The confidence to work with international suppliers to help them deliver to the British Airways standards.
Candidates will ideally be Aviation Security Manager trained and have experience of working with international suppliers.
The role is a full-time role and will, from time to time, require a flexible approach to international travel to visit Catering Suppliers.
Our Corporate roles come with the potential to really make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re a confident communicator and love to travel, working with international suppliers, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.