Brands and Customer
At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
As the Catering Operations & Performance Manager, your role will be to lead the delivery of catering services to British Airways in designated locations, to the specifications, budget and quality requirements. To co-ordinate and manage the contribution of a team of catering operations executives. To design, deliver and ensure compliance of the supply chain with operational, safety, security and contractual agreements at all times. You will contribute to setting and monitoring performance to agreed budgets per financial year. Accountable for ensuring suppliers are contracted, measured against key performance indicators and team resources are utilised to achieve business outcomes. Effective in monitoring performance and driving continuous improvement, the role will focus on collaborating across the British Airways business to drive strategic improvements and quality assurance to benefit the customer and business. Where required, to provide operational support on site within catering facilities, airside and within airline operations centres.
You will require experience of the following:-
- Extensive airline experience especially within inflight catering.
- Proven operational and people leadership experience.
- Previous crisis management experience within a catering services environment.
- Previous experience enhancing culinary standards to meet product directives in a hospitality environment.
- Commercial and procurement experience.
- Strong understanding of the airline or hospitality business, awareness of drivers of customer experience and brand loyalty.
- Senior change management and project leadership experience.
- Procurement experience.
- Crisis management experience, including Business Continuity Planning awareness.
- Expert knowledge of food safety, HACCP and food manufacturing environments.
- Previous experience with airline safety and security management systems.
- Expert knowledge of culinary processes and menu development activities within a mass production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Expert knowledge of safety and quality management systems and risk management frameworks.
Our Corporate and Support roles come with big potential to make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re an innovator and brave and bold thinker, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.