Cargo & Ground Operations
Are you a Shift Planning Manager looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
Reporting to the Head of New Premia the Shift Planning Manager is the single point of control, command and communications for New Premia IAG Cargo Operations, interacting with the Operations Duty Manager and process areas to deliver the “on the day” operational plan.
- Analyse and interpret complex situations to deliver the most effective operational plan
- Monitor and effectively communicate the London Operations state of health to the business e.g. analyse iCargo & Cargo Compact reports/data
- Owner of Business Contingency Plans for New Premia
- Ensures on the day plan maximises potential for performance delivery of TPR (True Performance Rate) and NFD (notification that freight and docs are ready for pickup by forwarder)
- Robust interaction and health checks with IAGIT/Siemens and other suppliers
- Understand and react to early warning systems and mitigate potential failure using iCargo and Cargo Compac.
- Support new developments of protocols and early warning systems e.g. iCargo & Cargo Compact
- Understands work flow principles and can identify pinch points in the buildings & system processes
- Interpret a “dashboard” of data/information and deliver to plan against it
- Live management and monitoring of Flight Lanes
- Close interaction with operational areas to ensure resource and equipment plans incorporated into forecast
- Interface and supports with the Department Managers ensuring strict adherence to agreed processes and practices across Wholesale and Retail business areas
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven leadership skills within a fast-moving operational environment
- Ability to cross manage internal and external stakeholders
- Control and command centre experience desirable
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to delegate effectively, agree objectives and hold people accountable for delivery
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world's largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of Shift Planning Manager please use the ‘apply now’ function.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.