Cargo & Ground Operations
Full time – Permanent
Salary: £20,764 + shift pay
Shift pattern: You will work an average of a maximum of 5 days per week covering early, late and night shifts
No two hours are the same, let alone two days when you’re a Cargo Handling Agent for IAG Cargo. We handle an incredible variety of items from fresh veg to historic antiques, life-saving medicines to priceless works of art. This is hands-on work in a fast paced, buzzing environment. The team takes take pride in doing every job right for our customers.
What you’ll do as a Cargo Handling Agent – Warehouse
- Receiving, inspecting and dispatching freight, completing documents and maintaining records.
- Building and breaking freight using different equipment and devices. Doing everything you can to ensure nothing gets damaged.
- Using your initiative to get results safely – there are some tricky logistical challenges sometimes.
What you need to join us
- A good level of physical fitness (machinery takes care of heavier lifting).
- A resilient approach and a knack for thinking constructively to find practical solutions.
- The ability to work early, late or night shifts covering 24 hours a day, all year round.
- Excellent communication skills and a good standard of written and spoken English.
- You will join on the pay, shift pattern, shift pay and contract terms and conditions of the Cargo Handling Agent role
- You will need to be referenced for a airside pass
- You will need to undertake and pass a medical and security interview at Waterside before joining
- You will take part in training before you join the role and will need to pass this training.
Please make a note now of the following. The following documents MUST be upload in the supporting documents section of your application. You will need to load 4 documents from the list below, they will need to be loaded separate
To prove your right to work in the UK you need 1 of these only.
- Passport- a colour copy of the photo page of any current and valid passport If you have a non-UK/EU passport you must have a valid visa giving you the right to work in the UK. Your passport must have unrestricted global travel rights
- Biometric residence permit - UK issued only
- Birth certificate together with a form of photo ID (e.g. a photo driving licence) – UK issued only
- Proof of National Insurance Number -UK only, your payslip, your P60, on letters about tax, pension or benefits
To Verify your identity please upload any 2 of the following which must be at your current address:
- Adoption Certificate
- Benefit statement e.g Child benefit, Pension - Issued in the last 3 months
- Cards carrying PASS accreditation logo - Must still be valid
- Central of local government, government agency or local council document giving entitlement e.g from the department of Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC - Issued in the last 3 months
- Council Tax statement - Issued in the last 12 months
- Credit Card Statement - Issued in the last 3 months
- Current photo driving licence - Licences must be valid for up to 12 months from the date applicant entered the UK
- EU National ID Card
- Letter from head teacher or college principal UK confirming dates of attendance - Must have left within the last 3 years
- Letter of scholarship from future Employment provider - Valid only for applications residing outside of the UK at time of application – must still be valid
- Marriage/ Civil partnership certificate
- Mobile phone/ utility bill - Issued in the last 3 months
- Mortgage statement - Issued in the last 12 months
- P45 or P60 - Issued in the last 12 months
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.