Cargo & Ground Operations
Full time - Permanent British Airways Contract
Salary up to £24,649 (£20,764 Basic pay plus approx. £3,885 Shift pay)
Are you interested in a career in aviation? Are you looking for a new challenge within a world class logistics company? Now is your time to join the airside logistics department where you can be part of a strong team and work in the exciting environment of Heathrow Airport. At IAG Cargo, we are in the business of moving things. We support the transport of vital goods around the world, from life saving vaccines to medical aid for Ukraine, from endangered wild animals to film productions, and everything in between. What’s more, when you work with us you’ll experience the world of travel with British Airways through our excellent travel perks.
IAG Cargo is one of largest cargo operators in the world, as a cargo driver you’ll be working in the vicinity of aircraft, alongside a great team working early mornings and late evenings.You’ll be working 7 shifts followed by either 3 or 4 consecutive days off. And whatsmore with our current shift pattern you can plan for an entire year ahead, and you’ll have the opportunity of one in every three weekends off.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our airside logistics department in an important role as a Cargo Handling Agent - Driver. Our driving team are responsible for the safe delivery of cargo to and from our IAG fleet. We are looking for someone who is hard working, resilient and has excellent communication skills. In return, you will receive the buzz of working in an exciting, fast paced environment, underpinned by world class training and fantastic development opportunities. That’s not to mention the competitive salary, shift allowances and generous concessions.
Want to know more?
Take a look at our video to watch ‘a day in the life’ in cargo. https://www.iagcargo.com/en/careers/
Key Responsibilities as a Cargo Handling Agent – Driver
- Operate various large vehicles, handling equipment and devices.
- Load loose cargo into vehicles for delivery to and from aircraft side
- Be safety conscious in everything you do
- Get customers’ freight to and from aircraft safely and within Service Level Agreements
- Work proactively to overcome challenges with our customers in mind
- Effective communication with your team leaders and managers
- Accurate use of systems in line with procedures
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Be 21 or over with a full, clean, manual UK driving licence and a minimum of two years’ driving experience
- Be competent at driving all vehicle sizes
- A good level of physical fitness
- A resilient approach and a knack for thinking constructively to find practical solutions.
- The ability to work early, late or night shifts covering 24 hours a day, year-round.
- Excellent communication skills and a good standard of written and spoken English.
Benefits of working with us:
The ultimate travel experience
- From your first day you will receive discounted commercial tickets and access to our standby staff travel programme followed by one free flight for you and your nominees after one year service (Taxes and charges apply)
- So now you have the flights you can also benefit from discounted hotels and other travel products
- Did we mention that you even get free car parking for up to two weeks when you travel?!
- Looking to ship something home with you? After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network. Best part is you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
Taking care of you
- We have a fantastic Flexible benefit scheme available for you which includes:
- A market leading defined contribution pension
- Critical Illness cover
- Additional life insurance cover
- Private medical insurance
- Dental Plans
- Cash Health Plans
- Wellbeing sponsors promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives. We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional and stay healthy and productive.
- At BA Clubs we provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
What you need to know
- You will join on the pay, shift pattern, shift pay and contract terms and conditions of the Cargo Handling Agent role
- You will need to provide a full 5 year referencing history for an airside pass
- You will need to complete a Criminal record check and have no disqualifying convictions
- This role is not eligible for sponsorship applications
- You will need to undertake and pass a medical, security interview and driving assessment at Waterside before joining
- As this is a driving role you will need to evidence you meet the driving requirements of the role before joining
- You will take part in training before you join into your team and will need to pass this training.
Ready to join?
This role is not eligible for sponsorship, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
This role is eligible for the colleague referral scheme
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.