This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
Being part of the Engineering Strategy team gives you the opportunity to coordinate the development and delivery of the Engineering business strategy. You will do this with a focus on driving strategic, financial and operational improvement programmes through to delivery and implementation stages. You will also have the opportunity to exploit technology and infrastructure developments to enhance delivery across all areas of Engineering. You will have the ability to influence across departments both internal and external to BA and the IAG group and will regularly interact with senior stakeholders across both Engineering and the Airline as a whole. This gives you the opportunity to have a significant impact on the business. Some of the accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the finance plan, business plan and strategy within Engineering, as well as holding key stakeholders to account for associated actions and deliverables
- Gathers and articulates business performance data (both internal and external), producing competitive bench marking information to identify, propose and develop new strategic opportunities
- Identifies, communicates and manages Engineering’s future resource strategy to deliver cost-effective and efficient manpower/training requirements
- Scopes, plans and leads the delivery of strategic programmes
- Works collaboratively at a Group level to deliver business efficiencies
- Articulates an external MRO perspective by working closely with external organisations.
- You should be comfortable engaging and presenting to senior stakeholders at all levels across the airline. You should also be capable of working with data from multiple sources to facilitate you in developing material that supports your strategic decisions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.