Graduates & Business Placements
Securing the best graduate talent is essential to the future of British Airways; making sure that as an organisation we have the culture and capabilities to drive our business forward. We’re an organisation with over 90 years of history, a hugely prestigious brand with a great sense of pride and camaraderie. We are looking for Business Placement candidates to drive British Airways forward into the future. The 2017 Business Placement Programme is an 11-month paid work experience opportunity open to current undergraduates taking a sandwich year as part of their degree.
Airlines are complex, which makes this industry one of the most varied and interesting places to apply advanced analytical techniques. The mission of Central Analytics is to drive better decisions across British Airways through independent analytical excellence and business insight. We shape and work on the biggest change initiatives facing British Airways and drive forward the analytical capability of the company. We support a large proportion of the airline and have four teams working closely with Commercial, Operations, Revenue Management and Strategy.
You will work with a wide range of people within Central Analytics and with clients all the way up to the most senior managers. You will influence multi million pound decisions from day one, by applying your advanced analytical and consultancy skills to a wide variety of real life, high profile issues. Example work includes; investigating which airlines BA could form alliances with, how many and which type of aircraft should BA buy, how to improve punctuality, how does customer satisfaction impact revenue, and how can we improve overbooking.
- To deliver on all placement tasks and accountabilities
- To take ownership of individual development, identifying areas for skills development and proactively acting upon these needs
- To develop a Business Placement and graduate network and to support opportunities for individual learning and business networking
Candidates MUST have all of the following to apply:
- 300 UCAS Points or equivalent
- A level Maths/Stats grade A or B (or equivalent)
- 2:1 degree or above predicted on a course with significant Operational Research, Advanced Analytics, Management Science or Applied Statistics content
- Enrolled on an undergraduate programme which allows a sandwich year
- Must have the right to live and work full-time in the UK indefinitely without sponsorship from British Airways
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.