Graduates & Business Placements
Duration: 11 Months
Location: London Heathrow
Salary: £18,000 Pro Rata
Application Closing Date: 25 November 2021
Start Date: September 2022
Over the course of this 11-month programme, you’ll develop an enviable set of skills through exposure to different business areas, and involvement on various significant projects.
We’re open to your fresh ideas and different perspective. You’ll be asked to challenge our current thinking and look for ways to improve on existing processes – you could genuinely make us work faster, and smarter.
Your placement will hone your business skills and commercial thinking and offer you a chance to impact on our business performance – what live projects you will work on is very much down to you and the skills that you bring with you to your placement.
You’ll have the chance to work with people at all levels of the organisation, from recent graduates to senior leaders. This placement is all about making things happen through working with others. At the same time, you’ll get to build networks with both our business placement and graduate communities.
You will be an ambitious, strategic and creative visionary. You will need a predicted 2:2 or equivalent on a degree course in any subject.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our placement scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs 'Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain' category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for placement students at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 25 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre late January
For more information about our Future Leaders Business Placement scheme click here:
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.