Duration: 18 Months
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 18 November 2021
Start Date: April 2022 or September 2022
Working on varied shifts in Customer Service at Heathrow, you’ll take on duties across the team – from Check in and Connections to Arrivals and Premium areas. Your helpful, welcoming personality will equip you to meet, greet, deal with queries and be a true ambassador for our brand. The work will give you a great insight into the whole customer journey. We can promise that most days will be anything but ‘every day’, especially with so many different customers to meet and colleagues to support in our every-changing industry.
Throughout the programme, you’ll study towards a Level 2 Aviation Customer Service Operative.
We are looking for a strong communicator with a customer focus, a self-starter and the ability to prioritise, organise and take action ‘in the moment’. English and Maths GCSE at grade 9 -4 (A*- C) is desirable but not essential.
Because this role is customer-facing, you’ll wear the British Airways uniform. Our uniform guidelines must be adhered to which includes no visible tattoos or body piercings.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #18 in the Rate My Apprenticeship Top 100 Apprentice Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of the British Airways apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each apprenticeship scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with your initial application, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn
- For this role we will be recruiting two cohorts - one group to start in April 2022, one group to start in September 2022. You can confirm your preferred start date on the application form
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 18 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre which will take place in February 2022
Unfortunately due to the salary threshold requirements for sponsorship we are unable to provide visa sponsorship if you require a work visa for our apprenticeship programmes.
For more information about our Customer Service Apprenticeship scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/apprentices-customer-service
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.