Duration: Three Years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 25 November 2021
Start Date: September 2022
You’ll need to be ready for anything. Why? Because we’ll give you real responsibility from your first day. We want you to meet every challenge head on in our fast-paced, collaborative culture. It could be collating and analysing Cabin Crew performance data. Running meetings at Heathrow. Or organising an internal conference. Every step along the way, you’ll be working with, and supported by, people from different teams and business levels.
For the first 15months of the apprenticeship, you will study towards a (Level 3) Advanced Business Administration qualification. Upon successful completion, tailored conversations will then determine your onward pathway onto an apprenticeship within a more specialised area of our business.
We are looking for a strong communicator who is organised, intuitive and has the ability to adapt to change. Above all, strong self-motivation. English and Maths GCSE at grade 9-4 (A*-C) is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for you?
Looking to join our apprenticeship scheme? You won't be disappointed. Recently being ranked #18 in the Rate My Apprenticeship Top 100 Apprentice Employers, we can't wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for apprentices at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our apprentice community:
- Increase in salary after you have completed the first year of your apprenticeship, if completed in line with your development objectives
- Part of the British Airways apprentice network and community, with the opportunity to engage with apprentices from all schemes in the business and learn from former apprentices
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ 'Flying Proud' and black excellence 'BeMe'
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools and colleges sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further Information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one apprenticeship programme. We would recommend for you to read about each apprenticeship scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the initial application, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 11 October – 25 November but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre which will take place in February 2022
Unfortunately due to the salary threshold requirements for sponsorship we are unable to provide visa sponsorship if you require a work visa for our apprenticeship programmes.
For more information about our Head Office Apprenticeship scheme click here: https://careers.ba.com/apprentices-head-office
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.