At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
What you’ll do
It’s an opportunity to learn new skills, develop your talents and advance your career. It’s a chance to get to grips with a wide variety of aircraft and the kind of technical challenges that will put you to the test. Make the most of these and the only limit on how far you can go will be your ability and desire to get there.
Your focus will be on ensuring all aircraft in our fleet are airworthy. This means going above and beyond the standard set out by regulators to meet our own Engineering Quality procedures. This will involve carrying out a range of specific maintenance tasks, from component changes and routine checks to general visual and surveillance inspections. Recording and documenting these changes will also be a core part of your role.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to quality, health, safety and environment regulations and housekeeping standards
- Ensure the requirements of competency checks in accordance with British Airways Quality procedures are met
- Carries out IT and documentary transactions as required, making full use of technology
- Understanding of material consumption, ordering and ‘fit and remove’ process
- Expected to further own knowledge and skills base with training, use of technology and experience
Who you will work with
Duty Shift Manager (your line manager), Satellite Engineers, all Production grades, Ramp/Base Planning, Engineering Control Centres and Technical Support Group (Part M)
You will need
- You will have good engineering hand skills and must be able to follow procedures and technical documentation
- You will demonstrate good interpersonal and people skills and be an effective communicator
- You will have good analytical and problem-solving skills and be PC literate
- You can work with engineering and document management systems
- Experience in an aviation environment is desirable but not essential
- UK Driving Licence (and Airside Driving Licence desirable)
What we can offer you
- The overall package reflects your status in the maintenance department, the expertise and leadership you'll bring, encouraging the team to deliver to their full potential.
- We offer an entry salary of £29,400 with the potential to rise to £34,125.
- As a permanent employee of British Airways, you'll also receive the full range of company benefits
- A variety of shift patterns are available to suit your work life balance attracting competitive shift pay
Training and Development we can offer:
- Our specialist technical training facility at Heathrow is the venue for all our type course training
- We offer a wide range of industry leading Part-147 / Part-145 training, which includes the latest Aircraft types, technological classrooms and simulators
- Access to a suite of personal and developmental professional training through our Global Learning Academy at Heathrow
- Opportunities to gain your B1 and/or B2 Licences with type ratings, to develop your career further.
At British Airways we offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as:
- A pension scheme with potential contributions of up to 16.5% (if you contribute 5% BA will contribute 11.5%)
- A flexible benefits scheme which gives you the option to buy from a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, life assurance, and critical illness cover
- Discounted confirmed flights for friends and family on BA from date of joining
- After six months in role, access to standby flights (with eligibility for the Club cabin) for yourself and two nominees
- Discounted standby travel on other airlines in the oneworld alliance
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more
- Free parking at work and free parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday for up to two weeks at a time
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.