It’s an exciting time to be at British Airways. We’re celebrating our centenary year throughout 2019 – and making an unprecedented investment in new aircraft and every aspect of the customer experience.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
Great journeys require first-class aircraft. That’s why our world class engineering function is so important to the British Airways customer experience. You’ll quickly discover that no two days are ever the same in LHR Base Maintenance Engineering. On our team, you get to work in unrivalled facilities on one of the most diverse fleets around: 300 aircraft from 747s (the 'queen of the skies') to new A320neos and A350s. Get ready to push your engineering skills to ensure our customers fly in the safest, most reliable aircraft in the skies.
Most importantly, we’ll give you all the ownership and trust you need to do your job, building your confidence and enhancing your decision-making skills with the support of our Licenced Engineers and management teams.
A new era in engineering is here, and we’ll be looking to our licenced engineers, technicians and mechanics to help us lead it.
- Perform maintenance tasks within their scope of approval to agreed targets and expectations
- Actively develops their skills and experience supporting the delivery of departmental objectives
- Ensures individual compliance with appropriate company procedures, policies, legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the successful completion of all allocated, planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks
- Ensures compliance with safety, company procedures, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Ensures and supports effective communication
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement in a production environment
- Supports the development of a high-performance team and culture
- Responsible for remaining qualified and approved on all aircraft types, vehicles and equipment applicable to area and able to carry out all tasks associated with the Mechanic role
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to quality, health, safety and environment regulations and housekeeping standards
- Ensures they meet the requirements of competency checks in accordance with British Airways quality procedures
- Carries out IT and documentary transactions as required, making full use of technology
- Understanding of material consumption, ordering and ‘fit and remove’ process
- Expected to further own knowledge and skills base with training, use of technology and experience
Who you will work with
Duty Shift Manager (your line manager), Satellite Engineers, all Production grades, Ramp/Base Planning, Engineering Control Centres and Technical Support Group (Part M)
You will need
- 12 months proven work experience in aircraft maintenance in the last two years, e.g. Apprenticeship, EASA Part-66 basic licence, Level 2 NVQ or Personal Experience Record
- Ability to comprehend procedures and technical documentation
- UK Driving Licence desirable
What we can offer you
Your basic salary will start at £27,596 with the potential to rise to £29,717 and £32,051 upon successful completion of company authorisations. We are also able to offer a variety of shift patterns to suit your work life balance, attracting competitive shift pay.
- Variety and challenge – both in terms of diversity of aircraft and the chance to work on all 3 inflight entertainment systems
- Develop at a leading airline and the career opportunities we offer
- A hands-on role with real responsibility and phenomenal prospects
We offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as
- A pension scheme where you could have a potential to contribute 5% and BA will contribute 11.5%
- Discounted confirmed and standby flights
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more
- Flexible benefits scheme including option to purchase private healthcare and childcare vouchers
- Free parking at work and options for free airport parking whilst on holiday
Training and Development
- Our specialist technical training facility at Heathrow is the venue for all our type course training
- We offer a wide range of industry leading Part-147 / Part-145 training, which includes the latest Aircraft types, technological classrooms and simulators
- Access to a suite of personal and developmental professional training through our Global Learning Academy at Heathrow
- Opportunities to gain your A/B1 and/or B2 Licences with type ratings, to develop your career further.
- Opportunity to do a type course to gain a BA type for B1/B2 licence holders and develop your career to a Licenced Aircraft Engineer.
Working in Heathrow
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.