British Airways is one of the world's leading global premium airlines serving almost 40 million customers a year, travelling to over 180 destinations in more than 70 different countries worldwide.
Currently, British Airways has an exciting opportunity open for a Middle of Market Account Manager. This position will temporarily be remote-based with an eventual return to the office based in Dallas/Forth Worth.
• Deliver revenue by increasing digital sales activity,
balanced by some face to face field selling
• Use data led insights and analysis to drive revenue
generating/share shifting actions
• Cultivate Decision making unit in accounts to
expand influence map
• Advocate digitally enabled account management
throughout a portfolio and influence industry
expectations to accept this way of airline sales
• Drive more templated and standardized deal
products in a fast-paced hub enabled environment
• Conduct medium touch performance reviews to
drive deal performance via digital tools/remotely
and face to face
• Negotiation of bespoke and templated deals,
implementing SMA activities and allocation waiver
and favours budget
• Sourcing new business opportunities
• Upsell opportunities to existing customer base
• Delivery of digital and face to face
• Deliver enhanced data quality and customer
insight, and feeding back market intelligence.
• Define light touch account development plans for
portfolios and execute
• Strengthen relationships by acting as a touchpoint
for escalation of issues or waiver/favour initiation
• Face of BA/IB to the market, and represent the
views from market
Qualification / Experience
• Minimum of 2 years account management or
equivalent commercial experience (desirable)
• Language relevant to the market served
Skills / Capabilities
• Digitally minded - demonstration of utilising
digital selling and other innovative ways of
working to achieve revenue targets
• CRM management
• Engaging audiences via remote live events, etc.
• Advanced communication, negotiation and
• Excellent communication
• Strong work ethic
• Drive and ambition needed to exceed targets
• Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced
• Ability to evaluate data and metrics effectively
to ensure focus on commercial opportunities
• Demonstration of utilising digital selling and
other innovative ways of working to achieve
• Experience of building productive working
internal and external relationships in a multicultural
Behaviours and attitude
• I am proficient with the tools and
technologies of digital sales
• I am comfortable in a high volume
• I can execute plans and initiatives across
a large portfolio of accounts
• I exude a can-do attitude (best of BA)
• I’m flexible and agile, always ready to
adapt when things don’t go to plan
• I’m an ambassador for BA/IB and my team
You must have employment authorisation to work in the United States.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply, email a brief cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: Application – 4708– Middle Market Acct Mngr, Dallas– British Airways.
Working in Dallas
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.