Crawley, United Kingdom
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
The minimum criteria to apply for NQPP are:
Applicants must have completed all aspect of training and either be in possession of a UK Part-FCL Licence or have submitted their licence application to the CAA.
Applicants with an EASA Licence who have not yet initiated a licence conversion via the UK CAA or started this after the 31st of December 2022 or hold an ICAO Licence, please apply only when the process is complete and a UK Part-FCL is held.
Please only apply if you meet the minimum criteria listed on the job description. Applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria will not be processed and will be unable to reapply for 6 months following their initial application.
#You may only apply to one airline within the British Airways family (British Airways, Euroflyer, or Cityflyer) at a time. If you are unsuccessful in one campaign, you will be unable to reapply to any of the three airlines within the British Airways family until the specified re-apply period has elapsed.
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
This is a key time to be joining British Airways as we build a Better BA. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, with, and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
The customer is at the heart of everything that we do. Your goal will be to provide the very best flight experience possible for each passenger. Wherever you are going, your flying will be world class. The life of a commercial pilot is exciting, and you’ll be challenged every day to perform to the highest standards.
As a pilot in British Airways your career path is never defined. Starting on our Shorthaul airbus fleet you will be able to choose if you want to transfer to one of our 4 longhaul fleets, or select to stay and become a captain on Shorthaul. Your lifestyle is important to us and with a huge variety of roles outside of flying, from training to recruiting the pilots of the future, there are countless opportunities.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, but you’ll also have access to our competitive reward and benefits package.
Benefits we can offer you:
- Dynamic Career Path
- Varied Roster Patterns (night stops, day trips and tours)
- Company pension scheme (up to 15% employer contribution)
- Eligible for extensive British Airways worldwide staff travel
- Greater choice of 5 different Fleet types (after initial freeze)
- Life insurance benefits
- Company funded conversion course/type rating
Benefits as soon as you join:
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels, and retail stores
- A range of voluntary benefits for yourself and family members
- Private medical cover, dental and critical illness cover, Technology scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric/Plug-in Hybrid car scheme
- Competitive salary plus your flight, nightly and time away allowance
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities
This vacancy is for Qualified Pilots who have completed their training via a modular or integrated course at any ATO. Do not apply for this vacancy if you completed all aspects of ATPL Ground School, CPL/IR and APS MCC at one of the 5 Whitetail ATOs.
To be considered for our current vacancies you will need:
- 85% ground school average with no more than three resits
- First-series CPL & IR pass (Series 1, Attempt 1 or Series 1, Attempt 2)
- APS MCC
- Attended no more than 3 training providers for the following phases of training: Ground School, CPL/IR and APS MCC
- To hold a UK CAA Class 1 medical and meet British Airways medical criteria
- ELP ICAO Level 6
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- Detailed requirements are listed on the job description
You as a person:
- Your height will be between 1.57m (5'2") and 1.91m (6'3") (height is accurately determined during the assessment process). Qualified pilots who are taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet the requirements of the seating positions in the British Airways fleet of aircraft)
- You will be passionate about a career as a pilot with British Airways. While there are opportunities to move fleets with British Airways, initial fleet postings normally last a minimum of six years. You will already be comfortable with taking control of your own learning and professional development, and both willing and able to self-study, and continue to develop as a safety conscious professional pilot for the duration of your flying career
- You will be comfortable flying a busy schedule, with BA flights operating 365 days a year
- You will be comfortable working with colleagues and customers from all cultures and nationalities, and able to identify, and work, with cultural differences
- Finally, you will have a genuine enthusiasm for our customers, and finding ways to exceed their expectations when they fly with us. You will be able to put our customers' needs at the heart of your decision making, and will be comfortable dealing with our customers face to face both when things are going to plan and also when they're not
Assessment will take place at the British Airways Head Office, Waterside and will consist of a computerised capacity test and if successful you will be invited at a later date to attend assessment consisting of an interview and group exercise.
If you are successful at this stage you will be placed into the holdpool where a conditional offer may be made.
Please upload the following documents:
- UK CAA Class 1 Medical
- CAA consolidated exam report (detailing series and attempt number or equivalent document detailing series and attempt number)
- Examiners report from CPL and IR
- Copy of Licence/ proof of ICAO Level 6 ELP if still awaiting licence
- APS MCC certificate (MCC JOC not accepted)
- aUPRT certificate
- Any written reports from ATO
Please note, your application will not be processed if any of the above documents are missing. Please name your documents appropriately when uploaded.
Please do not upload individual exam certificates or non-flying examination certificates.
Working in Crawley
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.