Change is in the air at our Gatwick Engineering Supply Chain. We are looking for people to join our friendly team to use various types of forklifts for loading and unloading vehicles of our aircraft parts. You will be quality checking, processing, delivering and distributing critical aircraft materials around Gatwick with our 3.5 ton box vans.
What we can offer you
You would start on £17,500 per annum and subject to satisfactory performance will rise to £18,500 within 12 months.
In addition to your basic pay you may receive shift pay (as applicable) for working various shift patterns. This could include early/late/night or day shifts of various durations, with shift pay ranging from zero up to £118.41 per week, dependant on the actual shift pattern worked.
As a permanent BA employee you will have a number of benefits:
- Salary review every year in line with market rate.
- A pension scheme where you could have a potential to contribute 5% and BA will contribute 11.5%.
- Discounted confirmed flights on BA from date of joining. After six months in role access to standby flights for BA and any other airline in the One World Alliance.
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more.
- Flexible benefits scheme including option to purchase private healthcare and childcare vouchers.
- Free parking at work.
When you have a fleet of long and short-haul planes like ours it means more challenges for you. Because it’ll be your responsibility to help our Aircraft Engineers maintain them. It also means better progression and support to learn and grow whilst you supply the latest range of tools and parts, crafting the future of aircraft engineering.
Join a close-knit team of ambitious people on the ground passionate about the critical part they play in the processing, delivering and distribution of vital aircraft materials. Bring your attention to detail and take ownership of quality control to help maintain the highest standards of our operation delivering tools and parts from our stores to our Engineers servicing our aircraft.
No single shift is the same, and it involves multiple tasks on every shift. You would be meticulous and flexible, whilst being part of a small and friendly team. Being in this small team means you can get involved in all areas but you still have the support, benefits and career progression for working for a large established brand. We provide a multitude of career opportunities for people who are passionate about what they do.
What would you need?
- A full UK EC/EEA driving licence ‘Category B’ for Manual transmission vehicles, held a full licence for at least 12 months, with no more than three penalty points.
- Be able to satisfy BA medical requirements for obtaining an Airside driving permit and Forklift licence.
- Ideally some experience in warehousing / logistics processes and procedures, but a detailed and quality led approach is key to deliver to the high standards we require.
- PC literate as you will need to enter and record material data on our central system.
Training and Development:
- Up to 4 weeks Induction training for the role, which includes health and safety processes, forklift and Airside driving, SAP system use, manual handling and shadowing colleagues, to ensure you are fully trained and confident to perform the role.
- On-going compliance training in the role.
- After successful application we would like to meet you for an interview and data entry assessment.
- If successful you will need to complete a medical and driving assessment to the required standard before joining us.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values the contribution everyone can make.
Working in Crawley
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.