To apply you must hold a current type rating with a minimum of 500 hours or 100 sectors on a Zero Flight Time qualifying aircraft. Please read the job description for full criteria.
BA Euroflyer, the new low cost base subsidiary of British Airways, are inviting passionate, career focused pilots to join our London based team.
So what is Euroflyer as a place to work….We are a small airline, whose focus is on creating a base that feels like family, for the family. We listen, we care. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. Together as one team, one family, we’re connecting Britain with Europe. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story.
Your goal will be to provide the very best flight experience possible. Wherever you are going, your flying will be world class. The life of a commercial pilot is exciting, and you’ll be challenged every day to perform to the highest standards.
Our fleet of 16 A320 aircraft is growing, our routes are connecting our customers to destinations throughout Europe, whilst offering the well known British Airways product, where the customer always comes first. We work hard to deliver the highest professional and safety standards, whilst celebrating and recognising when staff go the extra mile. In your first year, you can expect to earn around £65,000. Joining Euroflyer on a 12 year pay scale, it will only go up from there.
And there’s more…when joining Euroflyer, you join the British Airways master seniority list. You will be placed onto the same seniority list as a BA mainline pilot, so what benefits does this have for you? It means you have the same bidding rights as a mainline pilot. What you bid for is entirely up to you and how you want your career to develop, you have the ability to bid for different fleets and different seats! We allow you to develop your career further, with early command opportunities and the possibility of training opportunities when they arise. Add to that, we have a whole host of leading industry benefits that we have listed below.
As we continue our post Covid recovery, we are seeking suitably qualified pilotsto join usfor 2023 and beyond.
What we ask of you:
- Current UK issued CAA Flight Crew Licence ATPL (A) or have initiated a conversion to a UK CAA Flight Crew Licence.
- UK issued Class 1 medical
- Height between 1.57m (5’2”) and 1.91m (6’3”). Qualified pilots taller than 1.91m may submit an application but will be required to undergo a functionality check to confirm their ability to meet requirements of the searing positions in the BA Euroflyer fleet.
- Good level of physical fitness
- Spoken and written English ICAO level 6
- Valid passport (minimum 12 months before expiry date)
What we can offer in return:
- Company funded conversion course/type rating -(not bonded)
- Medical and licence renewals paid by BA Euroflyer
- Company pension scheme (up to 15% employer contribution)
- Loss of Licence scheme on joining
- Life insurance benefits
- Health Insurance with AXA PPP
- 30 days annual leave (15 days per season, 10 in 1st season)
- Eligible for extensive British Airways worldwide staff travel
- Unlimited discounted airfares for your friends and family
- Discounts at selected car hire, hotels and retail stores
- You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as
Private medical cover, dental and critical illness cover,
Technology scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric car scheme.
- Staff travel as soon as you join
Successful candidates will be placed in a holdpool
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
** If you are a current BA CityFlyer Pilot you must apply via Jobsearch **
Before joining BA Euroflyer you must hold a UK Part-FCL Licence.
The process of transferring from EASA Part-FCL to UK Part-FCL is strictly time limited and the latest guidance for licence conversion is issued on the CAA website and can be found using the link below.
We can only progress your application if you have initiated the transfer process with the CAA and we are unable to make a formal offer until you are in possession of one.
Working in Crawley
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train Stations & Bus Stops, Gyms, Restaurants and more.